Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rockin' Red and A Cast of Bloggy Buds

My Blog Rocks!

This gorgeous award came to me from Roger who hosts the wonderful blog Idaho Photo. His Creative Photography Competition is getting quite the buzz in the blogosphere these days. He has inspired bloggers to new heights in blog picturing (we're not just taking pictures of our food anymore!) and the contestants' are producing some incredible work for the competition. Thanks for this beautiful emblem, Roger, and congratulations on your continued success in the blogosphere. I am happy to pass this along! Please do the same if you're in an awardin' lovin' mood.

I know lots of rockin' blogs and they make me smile everyday. Here are my nominees. Rock on with your bloggin' selves. I appreciate your creativity, kindness, friendship, and unique personalities. I'll try to describe you and why you are special to me in a 100 words or less. I am holding nothing back. Ahem...

1. Bud at WTIT Tape Radio - A deep and winding path I've traveled with the owner of the internet's (maybe the world's) only tape radio station. I've been in the sacred studio and I can tell you that it's a LOT louder in person...but seriously, I can't describe Prince Budwick. Words that come to mind: Zany, crazy, indescribable, enigmatic (he likes it that way), an acquired taste (I mean that in the kindest regard), funny, smart and remarkably irreverent (he likes it that way).
He has "blog personality" down to a science and knows how to entertain his audience.
On a personal note, no need to say more. He knows.

2. Patti at Late Bloomer Boomer - Prolific professional perfect Princess who has the biggest most genuine smile I've ever seen. She's one of the few bloggers I've met in person. I was totally in awe of her laughing heart and SWEET spirit. A lovelier person I dare say I've met. Did I say what an incredible published writer she is???

3. Ralph at Airhead 55 - Lucky husband to prolific perfect Princess Patti and quite a wordsmith himself. I don't know why his blog is called "airhead" because he is anything but. Ralph writes deep things, poetic things, silly things, sensible things. I like to call him Sir Ralph. It fits his royal heritage (and keeps the Princess smiling) and anyway.....I love the way he calls her "his Patti"....It gives me hope that there is a guy somewhere out there who wants "his Mimi."
Sigh.

4. Ferd at The Best Parts - The BEST kind of blog friend to have. Ferd is relatively new in my bloggy world but I can tell you that he misses nothing. If I didn't know better I'd think he made a living as a psychologist. Insightful. HONEST. Loyal. Doesn't mince words. Knows what's important in life (read the preamble at the top of his site about his son). Funny and he seems to "get" the Queen thing and me at the same time and fairly quickly. He's kept me on my toes lately with a bit of self-analyzing here and there and that's a very good thing. Keep at it, Ferd. I need those in Bloggingham's Kingdom who know how to push me in the right direction and keep me Queenly. You do ....through comments...and I doubt you even knew. You are the BEST.
And what's more.....he is royalty by proxy because he is married to a Princess too! Maybe I should call him Sir Ferd.

5. Dawn at Twisted Sister - Kind. Caring. Funny. Fabulous mom. SMART. Yep. Her "smarts" come through. Mature in a way that makes you sit up and take notice with some very insightful writing but youthful enough to rock out at a concert with her family like a teenager. She manages to wind it all into one blog with pizazz and genuineness making you say "Uh huh! I've been through that too!"
I like the way she wears her blog.


6. Sandee at Comedy Plus - Giver of the best cyber hugs. Creator of the phrase "lotsa lovies" in the blogosphere. She has been a fiercely loyal friend to me and is just a lovely person. I believe she could write a book on blogging and it would be a great success. She gives assistance when needed -and freely without strings - to bloggers in need of advice from time to time. Sandee enjoys making people laugh and doling out warm fuzzies. The world could use some warm fuzz about now.
If you need a laugh and a hug, visit Sandee. If she's not there she'll be on her boat enjoying retirement life with husband Zane on the sunny coast of California.
A happy woman she is! And a lucky woman I am to call her one of my best blogging friends.

7. Lee at Tarheel Ramblings - OK. For starters he's a Tarheel. Need I say more? A tarheel blogger! That's so cool! I knew I liked Lee from the get-go (that's a Tarheelism). He writes about his travels in the communing camper in the woods where he gets away to be alone and think about the Big Picture, he captures nature and everything in between with his wonderful camera (we're so lucky he shares the pics with us) and writes eloquently about politics and past musical endeavors and his son.....who just completed basic Navy training. He's proud and scared all at once. What makes it "real" is that he's not ashamed to admit he is. The thing with Lee is that I just smell "real" - no agenda - no fluff - no pretense - and those bloggers can be hard to come by at times. You know I'm telling the truth! I'm glad he's in my neck of the woods. I hope I get to meet him and his lovely wife one of these days (and Deana too who lives nearby).
Lee encourages my writing - and me- when I need it.
I need it often. Thank you my friend.

8. Roger at Idaho Photo - Incredible photographer and all around nice guy. He is a sweetheart (that's odd to say about a guy but it's true) and has rallied an entirely new fresh photography competition at his blog that I can see becoming an Internet smash very soon.

9. Jean-Luc at Captain Picard's Journal - Beam me up! - OK. I'll admit it. I am not a Trekkie. And I used to go to Jean-Luc's blog over and over to find posts about the real Jean-Luc but I just found more Startrek and stories about lovely ladies in his galactic world. But the thing is....he has carved a niche for himself in a corner all his own and he sticks with it daily. I'm glad he chooses to come here and comment on my craziness. His comments are funny and succinct (that's a word that Patti taught me) But back to JL: I do believe he rocks and here's the proof - taken from his blog just today...."We are all waiting in front of the Oracle of Wisdom waiting for Wesley to come in. It's odd here, but on this female-dominated world, weddings are done in reverse, as the male has to come in." Did he female-dominated world??! I knew there was a reason I liked him......

10. Bond at The Big Leather Couch - Now you may ask, why would I want to award a guy who blatantly usurps the authority of my pencil skirt on a regular basis? He is one blog sentence shy of lifetime punishment in the dungeon for mutiny at any given moment. ALWAYS organizing some sort of revolt at Bloggingham Palace. Na-na-na-na-boo-booing my meme requests is his specialty - and then he runs away! What's a Queen to do? But I've gotta admit it keeps things interesting. And most of all - he's my friend - and someone I've watched find his own lovely love in the real world, sharing his joy with us on his blog. He sooo deserves his very own Princess. He's lucky in love with his Darlin' Nancy and I'm just plain lucky to call him my friend, as he is to many other people in the blogosphere. And that's a fact.

11. Mo at It's A Blog Eat Blog World ~ Since the beginning of Dona Nobis Pacem in 2006, Mo has had a special place in my heart. It was Election Day. We were blogging for peace. Mo was busy finding cat peace bloggers in the Cat Blogosphere and listing them for me He was an enthused as anyone I've ever seen with this project. Before I knew it there were well over 117 cat blogs listed at his place and he was finding them purring for peace left and right. The cats are STILL the number one group in sheer number who blog for peace and as I've said many times....they are a force to be reckoned with! Two BlogTalk Radio interviews with him on The MO Show followed (one about memes in July 2007 and the other on peace globe day November 2007) - I knew he was someone special in my blogging life. He has remained my friend for blog eons. Mo's blog and the creative ways he engages bloggers (ever heard of Manic Monday?) is inspiring to many.

And that's installment number 3,309,387,876 for Awards Week at Bloggingham Palace. Believe it or not, I'm not finished. Stay tuned. Carry on my little bloggy buddies. Spread the joy if you feel so inclined.


ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

I appreciate YOU so much. Thank you for being in my life.

It's Blog Appreciation Week at Bloggingham Palace!

Other awards this week: E Is For Excellent, I Think I See An Angel, May The Circle Be Unbroken, Me? A Vixen? Room In My Heart with Lotsa Lovies, Is Your Friendship Worth a Million Dollars?




Copyright © 2008 Mimi Lenox. All Rights Reserved.

21 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Vinny Bond is quite irreverent, but we love him, don't we?

Mo is just plain adorable.

Mimi Lenox said...

Songbird - His irreverence is one of his best qualities! And MO IS adorable. Smooch to both of them.

Linda said...

So many things I could say here but I am going to bite my blog-tongue and keep it clean!

Love, love, love your choices of Patti and Ralph (he is called "Airhead" because of his love of planes!), Sandee, Lee, Jean-Luc (my most favorite Star Ship Captain in the Blogosphere), and - of course - my beloved Mo who is one of the kindest souls I have ever had the pleasure to meet both virtually and in real life.

I'm sure your other choices are just as lovely in their own ways but I'll admit to playing favorites. After all, I'm a Duchess and I can do that, right?!?

RW said...

Wow thank you Mimi! Ha that's a award that has truly come full circle.

That is so awesome that you posted this and I think it is you that is the sweetheart! :D

maryt/theteach said...

Mimi, I have a brand new award for you at my blog - come see! :)

Unknown said...

Hi! I didn't realize you had been nominated for an award - I've been under the weather for a few days. This morning I nominated you for an Excellent Blog Award. Check it out here: http://mymuseandme.blogspot.com/2008/08/blog-award.html.

Great minds must think alike!

Dawn Drover said...

Thank you so much for your kind words... that's twice this week I've been speechless.
Very unusual for me :)

I love Sandee's lotsa lovies and she is the BEST Hugger!
I'd be careful about the "Sir Ferd" though... don't want to let it go to his head ;) lol

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I am on vacation with NO internet connection. However, I carrier pidgeon named "Emogolite" flew in with the news of your kind and thoughtful award and words. If I could read it and comment I would have said: Thank you so lots of much. If I ever return to said internet, I will proudly wear my award. Not on my blog, but as a tattoo on my right leg...

Charles Gramlich said...

Good thing these are virtual awards or you'd have no space left in your house.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Thanks for that wonderful Award, Mimi. It is now placed on my latest post along with Part 2 of Karena & Wesley's wedding.

I guess you're right; there are some lovely ladies in the Federation.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

If you could see me you would see the blush on my face...thank you my Queen...

You know I would go to battle if the forces of evil ever appeared near the castle...but in peace-time, I must na-na-na-na-boo-boo...just cause I love to!

Smooch back to you and to Songbird...

The Curmudgeon said...

Your Majesty: Though my thoughts on the matter are necessarily unimportant, me being a peasant and all, Jean-Luc, Patti and Ralph have been regular and welcome visitors at my little corner of the Blogosphere and any award you deign to bestow on them is surely deserved. Hurrah!

Mimi Lenox said...

Your Duchessness - Yes, you may play favorites if you wish. You're a member of the royal family. It's allowed.

Roger - A genuine seed sown always comes back to bless again. You sow genuine seeds.

Teach - YAY! Thank you.
I'm in an awardin' mood. Can ya tell?

Bobbi - Why thank you! I shall be right over...

Dawn - Laughing about Ferd. I'll leave the sir off then. Maybe we should ask him.

Bud - Why do I have a feeling there's a tattoo story somewhere that I don't want to hear?

Charles - Good point! I do have a separate website for them however.

Jean-luc - And you tell the stories well. You are welcome.

Bond - Yes I do know that my friend....

curmudgeon - They are the best of the best. Yes indeed. (Your comment cracked me up too)

Anonymous said...

So very nice visiting you this week! You rock, Mims. You've got lots of great bloggers listed here.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Ferd said...

Please, no "sir" for sure! I am happy to be but a humble servant in Bloggingham. You can count on me to be always at your cervix, Queen Mimi!

Seriously, thank you very, very much for this wonderful award, and especially for the kind comments! I will display it proudly on my blog! An award from The Queen!!! It doesn't get any better than that!!!

Mimi Lenox said...

Tish - Are you resting my little sweet pregnant one? Keep those feet up.....it won't be long now....


Ferd - Are you trying to tell me you're a gyno and not a psychiatrist???!!! Queen is going go faint.

Jeff B said...

Now wait just a cotton picking minute! Bond has all but one little toe inside the dungeon and he still finds favor with the Queen?

Well, knowing what a big heart you have and what a great guy he is, I suppose it does make sense after all.

This and the ones before it are quite an impressive run of awards. All well deserved too I might add.

Ralph said...

Thanks are in order to you from me. I am honored by this, and appreciate your kind comments. You rock!!!

Patti said...

I got tears in my eyes reading what you have written about me and about Ralph. And Duchess Linda is exactly right, I gave Ralph the Airhead moniker because of his love of airplanes and all things aviation-like.

Mimi Lenox said...

Jeff - Did I not say that the Queen's awardin' was unfinished? Patience is a virtue.....lol

Sir Ralph - You are most welcome.

Patti - I knew that ...didn't I?

Sandee said...

How sweet Mimi. You are just so sweet. I'll get a post up as soon as I catch up a bit. These long weekends. I'm pooped. Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...