Thanks to Debbie Dolphin at New England Lighthouse Treasures and Sandee at Comedy Plus I finally have a report card to be proud of. I was never so glad to receive an E in my life. Thanks ladies!
Debbie says: According to Cyberspace rules in the eUniverse of eAwards, acceptance of this Excellent Blog Award requires me to
tag nominate 10 virtual victims excellent Bloggers to receive this award.
Just ten? I can't possibly narrow it down to ten. But I've decided to follow the rules this time (I'm trying my best to stay out of the dungeon myself this week) and I shall find 10 bloggers who seethe with excellence. Easy. Here are my choices:
1. Patti @ Late Bloomer Boomer- aka Princess Patti the Succinct Writer Extraordinaire who manages to maintain a quality blog and write for a New England newspaper. Patti is a person I greatly admire. She is not only of royal heritage but a kind and decent and lovely woman. I am proud to call her my friend.
2. Kathleen Maher @ Diary Of A Heretic - UNBELIEVABLE daily fiction. I don't know how she manages to produce such quality work on a consistent basis. She's amazing in so many ways and is a published and respected author.
3. Charles Gramlich at Razored Zen - another prolific and published writer in the blogosphere (check out his books at Amazon via his site) who takes editing and teaching seriously, honing his craft by observing other writers in the blogosphere and interacting with them.
4. When Your Only Tool Is A Hammer ~ You want a straight opinion with no fuss? I admire his honest grit and he's not afraid to write about anything. He just wrote an interesting post called Blogging Tips and Tricks Updated that might save new bloggers a little time. Sooo much more at Hammer's place.
5. Lori @ Hahn At Home - Terrific articles and excellent writing. She is a force to be reckoned with in the blogosphere. Informative, funny, insightful and honest. That's Lori.
6. Margo Moon @ The Starr Ann Chronicles - A cowgirl on a mission. She spins words like a cowgirl should. High Crimes and Holding Hands is the name of the novel. She is posting it chapter by chapter online (much like Kathleen) and it is a tantalizing read. And then there's her best friend. That would be Starr Ann (hi, Starr Ann).
7. Daisy The Curly Cat - It doesn't matter if you're a "cat person" or not. She's human. And adorable. We should all be as fashionable and wise as Daisy. You won't believe what this beautiful kitty and her Mommy are up to on a daily basis. I am proud to call Daisy my feline friend.
8. Wading Through My Stream of Consciousness with Katherine. A California coastal girl who writes eloquently and honestly. I think she has the "succinct" gene as well. I'm envious. Working on that....I love her way with words.
9. Trav's Thoughts - How many writers do we have on this list now? Trav is another blogger with a way with words AND dancing feet all over his blog. He is a great multi-tasker! The guy knows how to write a well-versed article on topics ranging from military to sports to antique cars to beautifully crafted fiction and poetry. A treasure trove he is......and Mr. Tucker and His Lady are always around to spice up the vintage. And dare I say it's "a man's man's blog." I have no idea what those sports words mean!
10. Linda @ Are We There Yet? - First and foremost: Mother Extraordinaire. Terrific writer and storyteller. A special feature on Linda's blog is her untiring commitment to honor fallen heroes in the line of duty with a post. She writes personally descriptive and touching tributes to these men and I think she should be commended for it. We might not say it all the time, Linda, but we appreciate it the effort and heartfelt care that goes into this.
She has also become quite the photographer (you'll find her out at 1:15 am at the ocean with her camera) and typically accompanies her kids to rock concerts! Excellence is her middle name.
Congratulations to these blogs and their owners. Please pass this award on if you feel so inclined.
I'm going to read for awhile. Who needs to curl up with the latest printed novel when these guys provide a steady stream of wonderful prose?
Other awards this week: I Think I See An Angel, May The Circle Be Unbroken, Me? A Vixen? Room In My Heart with Lotsa Lovies, Is Your Friendship Worth a Million Dollars?