Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Monday Mimisms with Mimi Queen of Memes ~ What I Know About Love


If I had to write a book on love it would be of the sea. I like to swim in deep waters. But it's time I stopped pretending that a mermaid fairytale is what I need. Half of my life is gone and the best half is still ahead. Surely I've learned something about romantic love. I think it's time to anchor down a few mimisms on the subject at hand. On childish love: reams of poetry I wrote. Married love: over and done with. Lusty love: had my jump off the pheromonal bridge. Mature love: I swam in that stream as well.

There's wisdom in all four.
Sometimes I needed a lifejacket; other times just a new sharpie.

Each relationship has brought its own nirvana, its own dip into transitory hell and its own exhilarating power. Twenty years ago, ten years ago, even five years go......what I've learned is how little I knew. One might argue only half from the half-faced woman. I do not have all the answers. But these things I know for sure.

So far.... This is what I came up with today in my quest for succinct mimisms on the subject of love. I hope I've paid attention to all the right things.
ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more



1. Even though I am content and happy with my life as it is, I know that I am my best self, my deepest self, my truest self and my most creative self....

when I am in love.

2. Charm is amazingly akin to enchantment. Enchantment is dangerously close to love. I no longer run from the spell.


3. Forgiveness is not hard when you truly love.


4. I believe that people are drawn to each other as planets are drawn to orbits.

5. The comfort of his hands in my hair or the heat of his stare on my skin, can erase any word said in anger and make me forget why I needed his touch to begin with. The most profound things in life can't be uttered.


6. All of the lessons I learned falling in and out of love finally tumbled into two very important words. I will.... I will..... I will.....

7. Authentic and deep love scares the living bejeebus out of most people....because it requires that I forget who I am and what I want for awhile, to attend to the wishes and dreams of someone else.


8. There is a certain wildness to real love.
Don't tame it.

9. Sometimes love comes to unravel us.
Let it.



10. I spent an awful lot of time trying to find the right fit, the perfect man, the right circumstances. I've spent too much time building walls when I should have been opening doors.



11. Mystery is an aphrodisiac. I would be bored with a man I'd finally "figured out."

12. I don't think people have trouble attracting love to themselves. I think they have trouble recognizing it when it arrives.


13. When I am in love I see nymphs in the grass and twinkling stars in the day sky. No one else sees them, but I do. Why do I close my eyes in the night?

14. Music and sex are of the same vibration. Listen.

15. If you have to speak everything I need to hear, I will finally tune you out.


16. Between lovers, silence is intoxication. Drink it.


17. A man who can make me laugh - lights my candle.


18. To boldly dance with the dark side of another human being is to know them courageously. Their courage, not yours. When you trust your demons in the hands of the one you love, that's the beginning of intimacy. The journey to the light - together - is the end of innocence.

19. If you hold my hand, I can weather most storms.

20. Men are givers. It has taken me a long time to really learn how to receive. That is a joy to most men - not a burden.

21. Unconditional love is the mirror of grace.
22. Authentic romance is full of reverence, sacredness and trust. Romance and reverence won't survive independently. They need each other. And they so far excel the overused and tired "respect each other" cliches.


23. I want a man who can forgive my mistakes, because I surely will make them. I need a man who is not afraid to make mistakes either. Perfection is so overrated.


And on a humorous note.....


24. If I sigh during romance he wants to know what he did right. If I sigh in the kitchen he wants to know what I did wrong. (Only regular readers of this blog will appreciate this!)


That's it for my love secrets.
Shhhhhh!! Don't tell the guys....




personalized greetings



What posted on Mimi Writes one year ago today? What I Did For Love

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

What almost everything you said boils down to is that love requires a willingness to be vulnerable. To be open enough to let all of your scabs and warts be visible. At the same time, not be blind to the other person's scabs and warts, but be willing to see past the blemishes to the treasure.

Great post, Mimi. Thank you. And I hope you know that you are loved. Maybe not in the romantic way you yearn for right now, but that will come too.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

that was lovely mimi but frankly i love a man that knows how to nap! ha ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Sandee said...

Very well done Mimi and I loved your video too. I thought you didn't know how to cook/bake? Your cake look awesome. Well, the beginning and end of the video anyway. Not so much in the middle though. Have a great day. :)

Akelamalu said...

You're a wise woman Mimi.

#24 made me laugh out loud! And I love the video. :)

Patti said...

Is this an X-rated post I shouldn't be reading? It's about love and bedrooms and stuff. I dunno.

I love the video..you should consider writing a cookbook.

Mimi Lenox said...

Lee - I've written a lot about vulnerability lately it seems. It's a scary thing, but necessary.

Bee - You do have a point. I think I'll take one now!

Sandee - My baking skills are improving....

Akelamalu - It's true!

Mimi Lenox said...

Patti - I said "sex" on my blog. Oh the shame. I'll say it again. Sex. There are other words I could have used but that one says it "succintly." (grin)

Do you think I just lost my PG rating?!

OH....you mean the cake video. Now THAT was spicy.

bundle-o-contradictions said...

Very sweet. I've noticed that love goes in cycles when you've been with someone for a very long time. I adore you-comfortable-I can't stand the sight of you & back again. Took me a while to figure that one out, but I'm glad I did.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

too late... I read them all...

hehehehehehe

Excellent list dear friend...

exskindiver said...

"15.If you have to speak everything I need to hear, I will finally tune you out.


16. Between lovers, silence is intoxication. Drink it."

Oh Mimi,
I think you've just solved me.
I am not kidding either.
I have tortured Steve for 15 years.
Thank you, friend.
(and i bet steve would thank you too)

Great List.

~Chesca

Schmoop said...

"I see nymphs in the grass and twinkling stars in the day sky."

I see those things after drinking a fifth of Wild Irish Rose. Cheers Mimi!!

none said...

some wise words there. More people need to read them.

Julie said...

What great Mimisms! I agree with everyone else-wise words!

Mimi Lenox said...

Bundle - I'm sure that's true as well.

Bond - Thank you sir. You are now in the club.

Chesca - Happy Valentine's Day to you and Steve. May you have many more! Sweet couple you are.....

Matt - Ha ha ha. You're such a romantic fool.

Hammer - Well, I started thinking I had nothing to say on the subject. I think I spoke too much!

Proud - I'm not sure I understand but welcome to my blog.

Julie - Thank you and Happy Valentine's Day.

Jeff B said...

Great observations Mimi.

#15 "speaks" volumes.

Linda said...

I meant to leave a comment here the other night telling you how much I really enjoyed this post and how true so many of these things are. It's too bad that love doesn't come with an instruction manual but I guess it's just one of those things we have to stumble through and learn on our own.

Great post!

Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

utterly delightful

"seriously" wise and warm

Happy Valentines!
Hug

katherine. said...

I feel like I will never catch up....but wanted you to know that this was lovely...

Michelle said...

Mimi.. Mimi...

MAKE THIS INTO A BOOK NOW!

That is a demand. a shout. a roar.

GO DO IT!

:P

Mimi Lenox said...

Yes, ma'am, Michelle.
Yes, ma'am.
That was the nod I needed. You have no idea.

Michelle said...

;-)

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...