Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Mimisms: And Love, Oh Do Not Forget

So I watched my boy string along his boy
With a bounce and a wind and a breeze
And my heart did a skip when he tried not to trip
O’er mountains of memory leaves

But the mesh in my mind
Had been tethered by time
Through the bumps and the gusts and the waves
And the kite it did fly
Painted mournful
Blue sky
In the land of the love they had made

And I saw a new day in the wings
Of the waves and the smell of a summer’s eve
Of little boy pride and daddies who try
To push boys into manly things

Fly, my lovelies
Fly, my heart
Fly into storms unafraid
And settle the brilliance
Of sunsets unfettered
On shores of great strides you have made


Utter your most lofty words
And lay down your arms of regret
In sunsets of
Brilliance
and branches caught singing
A song
On shores of yet

And love
Oh do not forget
And love
Oh do not forget

The strings of the kite tangled up in flight
landed safely wrapped round my feet
I caught them you see in the heart that is me
before either had time to flee

And the waves they did make
A most violent quake
When my heart leapt ahead of the breeze
That flew headlong into
A magnificent moon
No painting more lovely than these

And I watched
In the lens of the love
Of my boy
And my boy

In a place
It remains

Full of grace
Locked away
in my memory house
As he bounced
And he bounced
Cross the fields
And jaunted thru mills
Making splashes and spills
While his dad tried to cushion the falls

And no finer words had I ever heard
Than the mystery of boys on the wind
One lagged behind
The other ran strides
and one kite

That just wanted to fly


Photography credit: Mimi Lenox

15 comments:

Durward Discussion said...

This poem requires a theme song and Amanda McBroom wrote a lovely one Make Me A Kite

Travis Cody said...

You should definitely set this one to music.

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Oh, I agree with Travis! This would make a BEAUTIFUL song! You are very, very talented! LOVED this!

Tom Eagerley said...

I think this time Cogitator had surpassed himself with his deeply meaningful remark! (But he does have a nice blog which is more than I do).
It's very rewarding to spend time with one's family Mimi.
If it weren't for that restraining order....

Stef H said...

absolutely gorgeous!!!! and to think you put people in dungeons!!!!!

Mimi Lenox said...

Jamie - I will take a listen.

Travis - Hmmm...something with a "soaring" melody. Yes?

Mimi Lenox said...

Cogitator - Smile back.

Anything - Hmmm...I never thought about it til Jamie mentioned it. Food for thought! Thank you!

Mimi Lenox said...

Tom - And you were going along with a wonderful little comment until...the restraining order.
You got me.
Again.
I'll never learn.

Mimi Lenox said...

Stef - Only on Tuesdays.

Ferd said...

Tears in my eyes!
I treasure similar memories!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful... just beautiful. You totally captured my imagination :)

Akelamalu said...

Superb Mimi and I love the photos too.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Do it Mimi...put it to music

Wonderful

bazza said...

Your words paint a thousand pictures. Despite what it says in the footer, you have never monetised this blog. I think if you gathered all your poems and some other stuff together you could self-publish a best seller.

Charles Gramlich said...

Very beautiful. Brought a smile to my face as I thought of my own son.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...