Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ruh Roh! I Guess This Means I'm Going To Have To Get A Dog


Don't tell the cats.
I'm here to see a man about a dog. Actually, I knocked on the doggie door to see a dog about a peace globe. A little Internet birdie told me a while back that Brooke at the Australian blog "Dogs With Blogs" was the one to see. She was dubbed the guru of the dog blogosphere. So I hopped on down to Australia and visited their super blog. Their "chat room" is a fire hydrant, there's a doggie blogging away at a computer and dogs are asked to "Paw It Forward." Seriously! There's a TV station for dogs (Yelp! DWBTV - Dogs With Blog TV) and even Doggie Podcasts. This I have to see. Did you know there are dog memes and dog awards just like on people blogs?

Who knew??!

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

I knew he'd show up.

You've seen him before, sometimes he helps me tell stories, most of the time he's a smart-aleck; but you haven't been formally introduced.
ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more


That dog always interrupts me.

Once upon a peaceful time The Cat Blogosphere literally dug into the cable wire with a huge peace globe showing.. Dancing cats, frilly cats, serious cats, tuxedoed cats and even stray cats. They totally blew me away with how serious they were about BlogBlast For Peace. It was then I realized that they had their own universe.

Who knew??!
ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

It wasn't until I met Brooke and Opy (that's her little gruff puppy) that I discovered the world of dogs on the Internet. They have issued a challenge to the Dog Blogosphere and posted a big banner at the top of their central site -and if they're anything like the cats, I'd better build a bigger museum. Be sure to thank Brooke for alerting the canine population. They've been all over my blog today and I was so unprepared for their visit.

I ate all the Halloween candy.



I can't wait to see what the doggies have to say about peace on November 7th.

Ruffly speaking I'd say they'll at least want to weigh in on anything that disturbs their happy existence: wars count as disturbing. Wonder if they'll bark-ticulate as profoundly as the cats? Will we find them dressed in sunglasses and rhinestones like the kitties? Do they make videos and have their own language?

Is there one amongst them running for President??!

I hope so.

We need a candidate.

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

I'm going to have to brush up on my dogspeak. It shouldn't be too difficult. My first class will be Canine Courtesy 101 and then perhaps 'Advanced D-ogalgebra for CaNINES. And then there's Dog Smelling Spelling School, Doggie Debutante 101 (aka How To Take a Dog To the Prom). So much to learn. And anyway....

How DO you spell peace in dog language?


ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Can they read Latin? Do they know about Dona Nobis Pacem in the blogosphere?Oh no. I've got to educate these poochies in time for BlogBlast. What was I THINKING?!
I should have asked Homer.
Have you seen him?



5 comments:

Anndi said...

Although they don't write (actually, neither do I) or blog (I have been lax there also...) you can count my poochies in the Peace effort..

*sigh*

If only Chelsea the Beagle (aka Shark Dog) and Tobey the Husky-Shepherd (aka Sponge head aka I can't write his other moniker in a nice place like the Palace) could just sit still nicely together for a minute so I could take their picture...

Akelamalu said...

I haven't got a dog anymore :( but I have got a Peace Globe!

Charlie - The Big Dog said...

Hi,

There actually is a Dogs With Blogs member running for Presidency - My best Friend Huricane Akara Turbofire, or TURBO for short - You can follow his campaign trail HERE

Love Charlie

Charlie said...

Yippeee.... DWB ROCKS as always!
- Little Charlie

Mimi Lenox said...

I missed you in the chat room this afternoon,Akelamalu. Please come back! I'd love to chat with you.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...