Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Reason #51 To Blog4Peace ~ Da Nang, Vietnam 1965

I found this photo of a marine in the public domain national archives. It was taken by an unknown photographer in Da Nang, Vietnam. The year was 1965.
As much as I deeply respect those who served our country then and those who serve now to keep me free, my prayer is that not one more fresh-faced boy or girl has to die for that freedom.

Not here. Not anywhere.
Not your child. Or mine.

He looks like my own son. All I know for sure is that he is somebody's son. And he should not be standing in a field with a gun strapped over his tender shoulder.
That is my reason #51 to blog for peace.

Join us for BlogBlast For Peace Nov 4, 

No comments:

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...