Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Monday Mimisms with Mimi Queen of Memes ~ Paddles, Pillows, and Latin Magic

There really is no reason you should want this useless information. I found a short and pointless meme called The Past, Present and Future Meme via Sweet Memes on a friend's recommendation which led me to Sir Veye's Journal. It was quick and almost painless - until I remembered the paddling of the Queen.

Oh the scandal. Read it and weep.
I know I did.


PAST
First grade teacher's name: Mrs. Denny


Tidbit from the Queen's secret journal: Mrs. Denny was the first to give me a paddling. And not the last. Back in the day it was the thing to do. I remember every embarrassing detail. In the corner. She lifted my black and red checked dresstail up and whack! O.U.C.H. The first time was for singing at naptime. The second time because I wanted the RED pillow and not the blue one.
Naptime got me in a lot of trouble.


Last word you said: saidLast song you sang: "Dona Nobis Pacem" (Grant Us Peace) with the Rutgers University Glee Club . It brought me some much needed peace and quiet today.


I think I need to listen again.......See bottom of this post for the video. Aahh....that's better. If you're going to listen you must do it properly: NO distractions. NO phone. NO computer. Quiet place. Sit cross-legged in a corner with your eyes closed. Hug a pillow. Let the music wash over you. Let the modulations surprise you. They rise. They fall. Forget everything else. Do NOT open your eyes. Turn it up loud. Turn it up very loud. Vibrations. Latin magic of peace will heal whatever hurts. Listen again. (Spoiler: The best part is the silence echo in the middle) Stunning. I can never listen to this piece just once.


Last song stuck in your head: "With You" by Chris Brown, believe it or not. Long story. But it has something to do with Valentine's Day and a bunch of screaming teenagers. Don't ask.




PRESENT

What's in your CD player: Josh Groban "Awake" - I'm hoping Dona Nobis will put him to sleep. I adore his voice but this album lacks his usual brilliance.


What color socks are you wearing: Pink


What's under your bed: a broken slat. It was my grandmother's bed. I'm very glad she doesn't know about the broken slat. She would not be amused.


What's the weather like: Inside warm, toasty and noisy. Outside clear, cloudy and very dark.


What time did you wake up today: 7:23 am (yikes!)


I remember looking down at my feet on the way to the car hoping my shoes matched.


FUTURE
Who do you want to marry: The Queen needs a Prince. Marry? Let's see if he can cook first.

Are you going to college: Not if I can help it

Where do you want to go: To bed without breaking another slat

What is your career going to be: I'm a pencil skirt. What could be better than that?


Where are you going to live: Somewhere with the Prince and/or the entire Rutgers Men's Glee Club - whichever comes first
How many kids do you want:
Zilch. Zero. Notta. Nope. Uh huh.Kids' names: Zilch. Zero. Notta. Nope. Uh huh.



Where do you want your honeymoon: Somewhere I can wear an itsy bitsy queenie bikini (Are you eyes still closed?)


What kind of car will you have: I want a golf cart to drive on the bikini beach.

Mimi! Watch out for that coconut tree. Darn. I forgot to open my eyes.......



Dona Nobis Pacem as performed by The Rutgers University Glee Club on their European Tour.

See you tomorrow with my usual riveting post full of earth-shattering tidbits of useful information. Enjoy the music.


What posted on Mimi Writes one year ago today? Alarm Clocks Are From Satan


14 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Mimi,
Thank you for a moment of peace to start my day. That really have wonderful powers to relax a soul...
Especially hearing the revelation that Mrs. Denny spanked Mimi back then.

Boy, if Mrs. Denny could see you now... still chatting away. But we love your chat, Mimi :)

Peace to you my friend .

Akelamalu said...

I used to love nap time - especially the itchy woolen blanket with my name embroidered on it. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I may pinch this meme if that's Ok with you Mimi?

Sandee said...

Loved the tags. So, you don't want kids? Bwahahahahaha. Good choice. I love the Rutgers University Glee Club. That was awesome and my first time to hear Dona Nobis Pacem. See you are schooling me just fine. Have a great day Mimi. :)

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Mimi, I like the golf cart idea, and am going to fabricate a new slat .... that sounds like a great meme!!
Hope you get some rest :-)

Speedy

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

BWAHAHAHA. You are a riot. My bed is held up by books. I don't my grandmother caused that...

Mimi Lenox said...

Barbara - It is an amazing performance. Glad you enjoyed it.

Akelamalu - If you steal a meme from me, it's considered a compliment dear.

Sandee - I give you an A+++++.

Speedy- I could get some rest if my naptime wasn't interrupted by whacks!

Bud - Laughing....and I hope you don't need your dictionary anytime soon. Thanks for the giggle.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

sorry...

Deana said...

I might have a wee toe stepped over into my forties but I still love Chris Brown. I like the Kiss Kiss song. And even if alarm clocks are evil I love your rooster one. I need him in my roosterish kitchen...though hubby says not too many roosters so I won't be tacky or cluttered! I did see the tag below but I got lost on number 2 so I am not sure I have the brain power or even understand what this one is for. ...so this one I may have to pass.

I knew all the Barbie play would get to me one day.

Jeff B said...

How dare someone paddle the Queen.

Travis Cody said...

Silly girl! You didn't tell us whether your shoes matched.

I love that video.

Queenie said...

Well the music has truly washed all over me, I feel all squeaky clean now. This is a good thing, because I fear you will throw me in your dungeon for not participating in your meme. I am truly sorry sister, but I've been neglecting my blog for a while and I now have so many things I need to post about to get up to date. Have I grovelled enough now? If I repeat how much I love your blog again would I just get away with a paddling?

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

he better cook... yup...he sure better or he will be one hungry guy... unless he likes cheese...

Patti said...

I love the kids' names! haha


The Glee Club boys have beautiful voices. Bravo

Misty DawnS said...

Did your shoes match? Did they match your pink socks? Did your socks match your outfit? Oh, I'm getting carried away... sorry

I don't usually do this, but Mimi, if you could visit my blog and read the "Give Her a Real Life" or, in the alternative, visit Maggie Moo Talks to You blog. Thanks Mimi and forgive me for asking, but it's important.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...