Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday Mimisms with Mimi Queen of Memes ~ Why? What Have You Heard?

No, silly, it's not the name of my post exaaaaacttlly....it's the name of a blog. Clever, huh?
This has to be one of the most artistic peace globes I've ever seen.

Why? What Have You Heard? is an aesthetic delight blogged by the prolific (and verbose) Mojo from Raleigh, North Carolina. His profile reads "I still have a few years before I attain "charming curmudgeon" status. For now I'm just a churlish disagreeable old man -- don't push it."

I almost did
n't read another word for fear of waking the sleeping curmudge but tossed that idea when I realized that Hey! I'm the one with a dungeon around here and I am long overdue wielding the powers of my pencil skirt...so I opened his blog with fear and trepidation. Succinctly. In case I needed to make a quick exit. And I find a post on Gandhi and lovely photographs and intelligent writing and half naked candlelit photos at which point succinct just went out the window. Gosh. He doesn't look like a curmudge to me.
No sense pushing my luck.
I'd better stick to the task at hand. This inspirational peace globe was submitted by Mojo yesterday with Gandhi's famous quotation "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" quotation at the top. I love the globes inside the glasses!

Inspired?
We have thirty days til BlogBlast For Peace launch. Exciting things are happening. An individual has volunteered to make a video for YouTube that I know will help move the peace train if not this time, definitely next round (we're collaborating on that) and this morning Shambala from Switzerland checked in which tipped the count to 40 countries participating. Her globe is animated and beautifully done as well and can be seen in her sidebar. I hope you will visit these two new peace bloggers and welcome them to the movement. With friends like these in our world, we should achieve world peace....oh....by....this afternoon?.....tomorrow?.......next week?.....

No sense pushing my luck.




Images: Public domain

25 comments:

Mojo said...

Aw shucks Mimi... you're gonna make me blush. (Okay, that might be overstating it a little, but seriously, thanks for the props.)

Forty and counting! That's crowding 25% of the world's industrialized nations I think (Right? Somebody check me on that.) All from one blue marble and a woman of vision.

And persistence.

Akelamalu said...

That globe is just fantastic!

Mimi Lenox said...

Mojo - You deserve the acclaim. It's a multi-layered message within a message. Excellent!

I wish my grandfather could see all these little blue marbles flying about. But something tells me he does.

Mimi Lenox said...

Akelamalu - I thought so too.

bundle-o-contradictions said...

I've encountered a huge snag in my Peace Globe production: I can't find my flash drive! My home 'Puter is too slow to load anything as an attachment & all of my pics (which I need to make my globe unless I borrow other's art again) are on said balky 'Puter. I'm hoping to find the drive under one of the mountains on my desk...wish me luck!

Patti said...

The creativity of peace bloggers never ceases to amaze (and intimidate) me.

That's a wonderful peace globe from Mojo.

I'm glad you opened his blog succinctly. ;-)

Anonymous said...

That is one righteously wicked awesome globe (that's a good thang!).

Happy Monday!

Sandee said...

How wonderful Mimi. Wow, only a month away. I'm so looking forward to being a part of this wonderful experience again. Have a great day. Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

Mimi Lenox said...

Autumn - A woman without a flash drive is not a good thing. Not good at all.

Mimi Lenox said...

Princess Patti - You are my "succinct" inspiration and you know that.

Mimi Lenox said...

Lois - "Righteously wicked"...I'm sure he'll like that description!

Mimi Lenox said...

Sandee - You are always a big part of it and it wouldn't be the same without you.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Just a month? Wow. Peace out. I need new globes...

Cinnamon Girl said...

That is a LOVELY globe! I totally need to have Kidlet whip me up a cool globe. We shall get right on it.

Mimi Lenox said...

Bud - My how time flies....

Mimi Lenox said...

Starr - Kidlet always does a great job with her photography. I'm sure it will be wonderful and I love the way you involve her in so many worthy causes.

Pam said...

wow mojo is very creative w his peace globe. he always writes great stories and takes great pics.

Carver said...

Mojo's Globe is fantastic and I also went to see Shambala's animated one. Very cool. I see you have the who cares if you vote video on your side bar. That has got to be one of the best ones I've seen to inspire people to vote. So funny.

Lizza said...

Terrific new Peace Globes, Mims!

Jeff B said...

Now that's an eye catching peace globe. Nicely done Mojo!

Looking at your count down calender, I can see we're inside of the one month mark now. It's gonna be another incredible day my dear.

Mom Knows Everything said...

I LOVE THE PEACE GLOBE!!!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful work! Looks like I'm going to have to get an injection of creative juices before I go to work on my Peace Globe so that it doesn't look like a kindergartner's art project!

Even more exciting is there's another Raleighite (is that right?) in the Kingdom!

Barb said...

I sure I hope I come up with something inspired this time, I'm usually lame but sincere!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Mojo inspired us! Kidlet is finishing our globes and I will be sending it shortly. My banner is up as well!

Travis Cody said...

It's good to see folks coming in early with their Peace Globes. I am still searching for my inspiration, but I have no doubt that something will come to me soon.

Peace!

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...