Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Monday Mimisms ~ The BlogBlast For Peace Meme ~ Memeing The Movement

UPDATE: The next BlogBlast For Peace launch is November 4, 2014.
Click the logo below to get your peace globe. Don't miss it!
The Peace Globe Gallery




This is Mimi Pencil Skirt reporting live from the lovely land of the Peace Globes.
I'm about to do something radical. Unexpected (hardly). CRAZY. Did I say radical?


Let me 'splain.
I've consulted with the Pencil Skirt Powers That Be (that would be moi) and they came to a smashingly obvious and random conclusion. The lightbulb came on..so to speak......and I've made the no-brainer decision to meme this movement. To meme or not to meme peace globes? That is the question.


The answer came as a question. WHY NOT?

Peace Globes did not begin as a meme. But it began to behave like a meme. Blog to blog to blog. Like a fog. We didn't use the word "tag" ....but that's what we did when we invited others in our blogrolls to participate. The fact that you did so without the obligatory tag is proof that the concept is powerful.
It's a fact that the fastest and most effective way to spiral an idea out of control in the blogosphere is via a meme. I should know! We have the vision as a core group of bloggers for peace, we have a sense of unity, activism, awareness and enthusiasm; but we do not - yet - have the power in numbers behind the message.





Unity in numbers = power



Peace power?








What a revolutionary idea.


My vision hasn't changed. Nor has my commitment to the project or my willingness to work hard. But if it is to have the influence I know it can - then I have to work smarter. Today, I, Mimi Queen of Memes, toss a slew of beautiful little peaceful globes into the galactic blogosphere as a tag- to get the ball rolling.



How far will they go? Where will they land?
Who will catch them? Where will they send them next?

Who will draw a picture, write a poem, make a song, write a post....that might have the power to begin to change the landscape of my world?


Someone will.

Will it be you?

A friend told me recently, "I have a healthy respect for the power of the written word. If we can all get together and do this on the same day, with the right post title, it can have meaning....It can extend the meaning and become more powerful."

Right, my friend. A revolution of words.

Don't you want to know how far your words will reach? Have you ever wondered if what you write has relevance and meaning to someone else? Maybe someone in another country, maybe even a violent place. Or just a lonely space.


I have to believe that there are many others who - given the opportunity - would like to speak for peace. I say we should use all the tools at our disposal to make sure they get the chance.



This meme is a movement.
Let's move it.
Tag at will!

**start copy**
Join The Revolution

Here are the rules and the story.
(1) Copy this into a post (2) ADD YOUR NAME to the bottom of the tag list
(3) Tag at as many people as you'd like.


The Peace Globe project began in the fall of 2006 with a simple post from one blog, Mimi Writes. The post ignited a flame in the blogosphere. The flame became a passion. The passion became a movement. It amazingly traveled from blog to blog to blog across the globe. Bloggers wrote passionate articles on what peace means to them, along with the promise of three Latin words scribbled on a globe - Dona Nobis Pacem (Grant Us Peace) - branded with the integrity of their names or blog names. It was positively inspiring to watch. And it began to happen all over the world - from Singapore to China to Afghanistan to Brooklyn.


It was simple. And powerful.


In less than three weeks bloggers from all across the globe will blog for peace.
We will speak with one voice. One subject. One day.
Won't you join us?
November 6, 2008

How To Get Your Peace Globe In 4 easy steps!

1. Right CLICK and SAVE the peace globe below or choose from other designs here.

2. Sign the globe using Paint, Photoshop or a similar graphics tool. Decorate the globe anyway you wish. You can even include the name of your blog. Click
here for hundreds of inspiring examples from previous BlogBlasts.
3. Return the peace globe to me via email ~ mimiwrites2005 at yahoo.com - Let me know your blog's name and url by leaving a comment
here and signing the Mr. Linky. Your submission will be numbered and dated in the official gallery . Your globe and post will be listed on the Official BlogBlast For Peace website and The Peace Globe Posts page.



Here's the most important part.
4. On November 6, 2008 DISPLAY YOUR GLOBE IN A POST. Title your post
"Dona Nobis Pacem". This is important. The goal is for all blog post titles to say the same thing on the same day. Write about peace or simply fly your globe.


Go HERE for the other 3 globe template choices!)

If you'd like to help spread the word, take this button to your site. The code is in my sidebar.

I, Mimi Queen of Memes, hereby royally tag the following.......
(Before you copy this list on your blogs, ADD YOUR OWN NAME to the bottom of the list. )
............................................................................................................YOUR NAME HERE.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE TAGGED TO PLAY.
Please passing this meme through the blogosphere. Peace + Power
This is Mimi Pencil Skirt reporting from the lovely land of the Peace Globes.
Memeing the Movement.

**End Copy**

Related posts to inspire you: Blue Whales and Bubbles (a little boy's bathtime changed my perspective)and...

From my Thirty Days Thirty Reasons series
Need a reason to fly a peace globe? Here are 27 good ones.





Digg!


28 comments:

Julie said...

Good morning Mimi...your passion is so strikingly beautiful.

*hugs*

fihanna said...

Hey MIMI!
Copy-paste, copy-paste, copy-paste...
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010....
Well!
Now I digg this story & put a post in my blog..
XXXKISSXXXX & ((((HUGS))))
-from Italy
Hanna

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I'm honored to receive your tag, Mimi. I'll have my Blog Blast Meme up this Friday - Oct. 24th.

By the way - at last night's Lenny Kravitz concert, he took a few moments to encourage each member of the audience to spread the Love Revolution individually. So he's doing what you're doing.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

peace globes for all!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Carver said...

Hi Mimi, I did a post a while back (around the time I made my new peace globe) with links here. Several people that hadn't heard of blogblast for peace yet (imagine that I thought everyone must surely know about your beautiful peace child) said they would participate. I'll do another post soon and copy the part you have here to try and help roll the ball some more. Cheers, Carver

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I love the Peace Globes...I hope making it a meme doesn't denigrate it though...

I am working on mine and should have it ready to fly very shortly...

Mimi Lenox said...

Julie - It is a passion for sure. Good morning to you.

Shinade - I'm sure your globe will be beautiful.

Hanna - I will be right over. Yes!

Mimi Lenox said...

Julia - Thanks for the info on Kravitz. Happy Monday!

Empress Bee - And cake! But you'll have to make it....

Carver - I know you did and I appreciate it. I don't want to make more work for you...it seems with the election that folks are preoccupied and this engine is moving a bit slow. I needed to infuse some energy somehow. Thank you.

Mimi Lenox said...

Bond - Of course it is not your typical meme and I would never "make it a meme." It just needed a shot in the arm and a little push..... I hope it spins out of control. Denigrate it? Surely not.

Mimi Lenox said...

P.S. We are "memeing the movement"...did I make that clear? Oh Lord. I hope so.

Sandee said...

My post is up my queen. Here's the link:

BlogBlast For Peace Meme

Have a great day sweetie. Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

Ferd said...

Wasn't tagged, but you know I'm already in.
And you know I have a "get out of the dungeon free" card anyway.

But I went ahead and memed the movement!
Now I have to go and change into some drier clothes!

Can't wait!!!

Desert Songbird said...

Your Majesty, I e-mailed my November 2008 globe to you last Monday, October 13th. Please let me know if you didn't get it!

Kim said...

thanks for the peace globe tag Mimi..
I'll get started on it now :) :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimi! I posted it in my blog now! Sorry took me forever to post.:)

It's HERE.

MJV said...

Done! It's here:

BillyWarhol said...

ahhhh Gee thx Mimi!!

yer my Fave Pencil Skirt Gal*********

;PPP xoxooooooooo

Let me place my Hand on yer Bosom + try to still yer Heart!! I would like dat very very much*

I will Meme yer Peace Baby out to some of my Blogging Friendz - it's a Fantastic Peace initiative*

Peace Mimi**********

p.s. I never knew U had a Dungeon!!

Jodi said...

Mimi...this isn't about the Peace Globe. I just wanted you to know you have been awarded. Debbie (Through Thick & Thin) created her very own special award and we had to give it out to 3 people and I chose you as one of them because I know how much you get a kick out of this award. You do not have to pay it forward if you don't want to, you can just accept it.

I hope everything is going ok with your Peace Globes!!!

ice9web said...

wow thanks for tagging me here (^_^) will see what i do with this meme

Travis Cody said...

YAY! Meme-ing again for Peace!

bluedreamer27 said...

hello mimi thanks for tagging me
im done with it
and here's the link
www.tagstagstags.blogspot.com

~ej said...

thanks mimi!! i love a good tag, will blog about it later today and tag a few of the mommies i know! :)

ღ Ms. Joy mH ღ said...

hello MS. Queen,

Already posted the meme!

Here's the link: click HERE

Anyway, can you change the spelling of Dairy to DIARY please...heheehe!

Liz said...

thanks mimi! i'm joining again ;)

http://mlizcochico.blogspot.com/2008/10/peace-meme.html

cheers

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Great post~ Thank you for the tag and your kind comments Mimi. You really are a Queen. I shall get to work...I'm afraid of that Dungeon. ;)))

Cheers, and E-hug,

Annie

Laura Brown said...

I'll set something up to run that day. Between needing another job, my Mother and everything else I'm going just a bit insane these days.

Dawn Drover said...

At your service as usual... I may need a day or two so don't send the dungeon hunters out for me just yet!

Princess said...

Blog Blast for Peace to you, Mimi!!!
You are a wonderful inspiration for everything that is peaceful!
More power to you!

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...