Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sunday Blog Chatter: Go Forth and Meme

I'm feeling a bit soggy today. It's all that blog ocean swimming I've been doing over at my brand new site called Message In A Bottle.

Did I just see a crab walk by?The above bottle was thrown in by The Evil Blogger Twin from Germany and is just one example of the awesome messages being tossed in the blocean. This meme has taken off like wildfire. It has kept me busy. I am just delighted with the stamps of personal expressions and thought-provoking quotes on these bottles.

From Turkey to France to Singapore to Canada to Arkansas - I see bobbing bottles of beautiful sentiments; some silly, some poetic, some profound. Click on the graphics to be taken to the sites. Then go HERE to see the rest of them. I will continue to add them. There are now nearly 70 afloat. Since I posted this meme there have been 581 775 1003 visitors to the site and the day is young. Please do yourself a favor this Sunday and take a dip in the blog ocean at Message In A Bottle.

You'll be inspired. I know I am.

A few examples below....
Tarheel Ramblings

Inspirational

















Four letter power words.......


Clever



Swimming Cats....



Crazy Chickens......


(Bud Weiser WTIT)
Happy Feet Sayings....


Nautical News


Poignant



Passionate Causes (Carver's Site or Is That Sight)

Profound


Peasants!!Where did HE come from? (Colin @ Life) Back to the dungeon for you......



Wisdom



I thought I saw crabs....

That Daisy. She shows up in the strangest places. Whoever heard of a swimming cat?
Have a great Sunday! I'll see you tomorrow with a few Mimisms. I'm feeling silly. And please continue to sign the Mr. Linky at this post if you make a message bottle. It makes it super easy for me to export the links into a master list and get your bottle in the ocean. I can't wait to see what washes ashore this afternoon.
Maybe a date for Saturday night? Just kidding!
Maybe.

What posted on Mimi Writes one year ago today? Trouble In Paradise (the tale of the poisoned ex-boyfriend)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this meme--excellent job, Mimi! The bottles are great, I'm really enjoying them!!

Anonymous said...

This meme was so fun! Great job on this one, Mimi. ;)

I think it'll be around for a long time.

Sandee said...

I love your new site Mimi. In fact I stole your list and did a post. Mimi's Message In A Bottle Meme. Hope that doesn't land me in that dungeon of yours. See you tomorrow. Have a great day. :)

Akelamalu said...

You've created another winner Mimi - well done! Such a fun meme to do and I'll be interested to know just how many message in bottles you get. x

Patti said...

Mimi,
Guess I'm not feeling too creative lately, and I fear that I may never get out of this dark and dank dungeon.

But at least I'm not alone in here.

Anonymous said...

Stacey I'm so glad you like it. I'm enjoying them too.

Tish - Aren't the quotes cool?

Sandee - Now that is quite an honor. Thank you.

Akelamalu - I just looked at my site meter and there have been 856 visitors to the site since Thusday (518 today alone). Gulp. Who'd a thunk it?

Patti - I'm sorry you're feeling down. How are the kitties? Aren't you in the middle of blizzard where you are? Feel better. Something brilliant will come to you soon. You're a writer ya know....,

Travis Cody said...

I just love this meme. I put a link to the MIAB site in my sidebar.

~* ♥ Fallen Angel ♥ *~ said...

Thank you so much for showing my message.... I am honored!!

Patti said...

I promise I'll give this a whirl ~

Kitties are as wacky as ever.

bundle-o-contradictions said...

This is a fantastic meme. It's interesting to find what's going on in the minds of others... Thanks for the opportunity! :)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

:::runs through waving:::

What dungeon?????


heheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mimi Lenox said...

Travis - Thanks for the link! I love it too. The bottles sentiments are beautiful and soothing.

Fallen Angel - I am honored that you participated and shared with us.

Patti - I will help you if you'd like. Just tell me what you want on it. No worries....

Autumn - I see that you are going through and commenting on nearly everyone of those bottle posts. I so appreciate it. Thank you!!

Vinny - Don't think you can come streaking through here waving like some cowboy on a horse. I take no prisoners! Or something like that.....(I don't even know what that means). But I know it's bad. Really bad.

Heart of Rachel said...

Thank you Mimi for posting my message and labeling it as inspirational. That's very sweet of you.

I love the meme you started. Take care!

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...