Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, November 29, 2020

I Am Sure, Quite Sure, That Today is NOT My Birthday

In the year 2020 on the 29th day of November, ye olde calendar ("olde" being the operative word) has declared that the Queen of Bloggingham is having a royal birthday. As a wise man once said to me upon the eve of my 50th some light years ago, "Mimi, it's just a number." I'm trying to remember those words today. Since it is the year of horrors and crisis, I think I should be grateful that I'm able to celebrate a birthday at ALL. And coincidentally, that same man is here today to help me get through another ...umm....number. Our relationship/friendship/relationship/friendship etc etc etc has been a revolving door over the years, but always open and changing as we travel in and out of life seasons. And this is one heck of a season! Let's face it, alone is never good during a birthday OR a pandemic. 

So, last night, just when I thought my birthday was going to be a flop and I would end up researching Make-Your-Own-Birthday-Cake videos...DING DING!! the doorbell rings and in walk two very live lobster fellas not even realizing they're about to meet their lobster-Maker in the form of a big shiny pot of boiling water. " Surprise! We're having lobster for dinner!" said the Lobster Killer.  
"You remembered!" said the Pencil Skirt with a flash of memory in her head.
Just like the first date we ever had back at the dawn of blog-civilization, I ran screaming from the boiling pot of squirming life forms as he expertly tossed them in and made a baked potato. He told me not to look and to stop taking morbid pictures. Some things never change.
And just for good measure and sweetness, he handed me these...

Anyone who knows ANYthing about the Queen of Bloggingham knows she's addicted to Cheetos.
Major points, my friend, major points.

It was a very happy birthday indeed. 


I will mail you a bag, Homer.......


Join us for BlogBlast For Peace Nov 4 Like Our Facebook Page ~ Peace Store How To Get Your Own Peace Globe"


Follow Me
Join us for Blog4Peace Nov 4
Like Our Facebook Page

4 comments:

CherryPie said...

Happy birthday, I hope you enjoyed your day.

My special birthday at the beginning of November was a lockdown adventure :-)

meowmeowmans said...

Happy birthday, Mimi! Sounds like it ended up being a pretty good one after all.

Mimi Lenox said...

CherryPie - I did! It was a different kind of birthday in an extraordinarily different kind of year.

I'm glad you came out of lockdown OK. Scary times, no?
Hope you are well.

Mimi Lenox said...

meowmeowmans - Yes, it was lovely.
Thanks for commenting. Hope you are well.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...