Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Saturday, October 3, 2020

Saturday 9 ~ What's Love Got to Do with It?


Thanks to The Gal for hosting this meme.  I always learn something from Gal's meme questions. 
She sets them up so well.
What's Love Got to Do with It? (1984)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here. 

What's Love Got to Do with It is also the title of Tina Turner's film biography, which tells of Tina's escape from her abusive, controlling husband, Ike. October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Spread the word that help is available. 

1. The video was shot around New York City in spring. Kids are seen jumping rope. Were you good at jump rope? Has it ever been part of your workout routine as an adult?
NO and NO and NO


2. In real life, Tina Turner played basketball for her school. Were you good at team sports?

Yes. My dad coached Little League baseball, men's softball league and a girl's softball team. We were always at the ballfield. I could run like the wind in those days with my pigtails flying. I remember him picking me up from the bleachers fast asleep and carrying me to the car. I've done my homework many times on baseball bleachers or in a dugout.

3. In the video, Tina Turner wears a little black dress topped with a denim jacket. That jacket is a fashion staple 36 years later. Do you own a denim jacket?

I do not own a denim jacket. But I know someone who owns a really cool one! Does that count?



4. Tina's first marriage, to Ike Turner, was a painful one. Her second marriage, to German music executive Erwin Bach has been far more supportive. This has been a blessing, since Tina has had serious health problems in recent years. Do you have any medical/dental appointments scheduled?

At the beginning of the pandemic in March, I broke a perfectly good crown biting into a new chocolate recipe I'd created. Too much crunch on the bottom. Do I look happy to you?? Because of the pandemic, they no longer considered this an "emergency" even though I was miserable. I had to wait months to get it fixed (thankfully did!) which started me down a whole rabbit hole of appointments for other things and on and on and on it goes. It never ends! The worst part is dealing with the precautions before you even get in the dreaded chair. I can't believe all this happened to me during a pandemic when the LAST place you want to be is in a dental chair. I. was. terrified. to. even. go. in. Breathe in...breathe out.....breathe in......breathe out....It will be over soon. I hope!

5. Tina met Erwin at Heathrow Airport in 1986. He was there to help her prepare for her London performances. They immediately liked one another, but didn't become romantically involved until months later and were surprised to find themselves falling in love. Have you ever had a romantic relationship that crept up on you?

Yes. And maybe one day I can tell that story here. But not today.


6. The Rolling Stones' Keith Richards referred to Tina as his "favorite aunt." Is there anyone who isn't a relative of yours by blood but you refer to as aunt, uncle, brother, sister, etc?

I have two best friends who are closer to me than my own family. We call each other "sister" all the time. I love these ladies dearly.

7. Former President George W. Bush is also a big Tina Turner fan, and has praised her for having "the most famous legs in show business." What do you believe is your best physical feature?

Well. At the risk of sounding braggy....maybe my hair. That sounded braggy.


8. At home, Tina often doesn't always play music or TV because she appreciates quiet as much as music. What about you? Do you enjoy quiet?

I adore quiet. 
But my music needs to be loud.

9. Random question: On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being "very lazy" and 10 being "very productive," what number are you?

Definitely a 10.
And on a sidenote I'll tell you a story. I've been triggered, I guess, by the word lazy, which doesn't fit my lifestyle or my vocabulary.
It got back to me, recently, that one of my now-former friends found out that I've been using grocery pickup since the beginning of the pandemic. Oh, the scandal! I'm diabetic. I'm careful. I'm not taking chances. Not that I should have to explain. She scoffs at social distancing rules, doesn't wear a mask and laughs at those who do, goes to crowded events like that's a bright idea, and thinks anyone who takes these precautions is a "sheeple" (whatever the hell that means). She remarked to someone that my grocery pickup habit is "just pure laziness." It didn't hurt as much as it infuriated me. Then I just felt sorry for her. How could someone I've known for years be so ignorant? So lacking in empathy and common sense? So cruel? So politically blinded?  If I ever see her again I'm going to pretend I don't know her. Because I don't.    
God help us all.


Just. wear. the. mask.


Follow Me
Join us for Blog4Peace Nov 4
Like Our Facebook Page

2 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

There is simply no pain like a toothache ... except maybe a migraine. No, toothache is worse because relief is accompanied by a big bill. If I was smarter, I'd be able to figure out the connection and explain why pain that takes place in our heads is so inescapable.

Mimi said...

Gal - It is so true. I think toothaches are much worse than migraines. Throb. Throb. Throb. This week has been awful. And to top it off, I'm literally dental-phobic. YIKES! Challenges...challenges...challenges...I shall win. There are too many people out there suffering with so much more than a toothache. I should not complain.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...