Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Black Widows and Trouble

Today we are participating in a Sunday Stealing meme.Join in.


01 What is the worst nickname that anyone has ever called you?
It only takes one episode or mistake to forever be known for that one incident. One Christmas I made a new recipe called Peanut Butter Pork Chops for a family gathering. It was SO bad that I was teased about it forever and a day. Ha ha ha ha ha..... Thereafter, when I would arrive for Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner carrying homemade dishes, my dad would always say, 
"Here comes Blanche!" as I walked through the door. 
Why Blanche? 
 Blanche is the name of a woman who is still on death row  for poisoning her boyfriends and husbands with tainted homemade goods in the 1990s. She was known as the Black Widow Killer. 
I was known as the daughter who couldn't cook.



02  Have you got a favorite flower?
Bake, Rolling Pin, Egg, Flour, Ingredients, Prepare
Ohhhh....you said......


03  Do you add a sauce, ketchup or other artificial flavorings to your food?
Tomatoes, Ketchup, Sad, Food, Veggie, Delicious, Eat

No. Ketchup ruins everything but french fries.


04 Describe yourself using only words that begin with the letter 'T'.  

05 What is/was your lover's pet name for you
Mims

06 What is your least favorite color?
I really hate orange.

07 Who did you vote for in the last election, and did they win?
I really hate orange.

08 What is/was your grandfathers’ names?
Not his name but...I recently discovered that Benjamin Franklin lives in our family tree.

09 What is the best present you ever received?
A CD full of love songs
Thoughtful gifts from the heart are well remembered.
Painted Guitar, Hippie, Music, Cartoon, Player, Painted

10 What is 17 1/2% of 97 + 42 x (6 / 2) – 137 ?
Is this the SAT????
I'll ask Homer. If he doesn't know how to answer in Common Core fashion (who over 50 does??!) then I'll wait for all your answers and hope you ciphered correctly.
Or we could just ask The Wizard....


11 What would be the best possible way you could live?
A cabin in the mountains on 100 acres of land. I wouldn't even need electricity. 
Just tree oxygen, pens and paper....
Cabin, Pine Trees, Starry Night, Forest, Cottage


12 Given the choice of absolutely anything, what would be your dream job? 
I just retired. But my goal is to renew... not retire. 
Now I finally have room to dream.


13 What position do you sleep in at night?



HOMER!!! Who let that dog in here??


14 What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
Homer

15 Who is your favorite fictional character?
Mimi Queen of Memes


16  What food do you hate most in the world?
Mussels

17  When was the last time you were ill?
I was "ill" as in bad-tempered last night. 



18  If you were transformed into a wild creature, 
what would it be?
I could still curl my hair....


19  What was your favorite toy as a child, and whatever happened to it?
I had a two-story metal dollhouse that I loved. In recent years (according to my mother) my sister insisted that it belonged to her instead of me. Who owned the dollhouse wasn't as important to me as making peace with my sister. If she felt it was important to her childhood memories, I wanted her to have it. I took it out of my mother's attic, contacted my sister and told her to look for a package.  I dropped it off and left without a word. I'm still hoping for that peace. 
Dollhouse, Girl, Toy, Silhouette, Playing, Childhood

20  What's the most amazing thing you've ever seen?
The world is amazing. Nature is amazing. Humans are amazing. 
Sunsets are amazing. Love is amazing.




Time for rest. Thank you Bev Sykes and the blog known as Sunday Stealing for this interesting meme.

Follow Me
Join us for Blog4Peace Nov 4
Like Our Facebook Page

19 comments:

Patti Villers said...

This was fun to read, Mimi! I do miss the blogosphere.
Those were the good old days.

M A R T H A said...

great answers Mimi. I laughed at a few of them. Thanks so much for sharing these. I needed to laugh after the day I've had.

Mimi Lenox said...

Dear Princess Patti - It is so lovely to see you on my blog again. You do so much Valley Voice writing in New England these days. I don't know how you have time to do all the cool adventures I see in your FB stream. I bow.

I did enjoy doing this meme. It was fun.

Plastic Mancunian said...

HA HA! Love the answer to #7.

#12 - That's what I want to do - retire that is.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Plastic Mancunian said...

HA HA - like your answer to #7.

#12 - Retiring is my dream job.

:o)

Cheers

PM

The Gal Herself said...

"Blanche" surprises me, because you seem to know so much about food prep.

And I loved your "orange" answers.

Bev Sykes said...

What fun answers. The Blanche story was very funny and I LOVE your favorite "flower." I may use that in some other questionnaire! We both hate orange, and probably for both the same reasons.

Hope you make peace with your sister. My sister and I never got along throughout our childhood and many years later she and her partner came to dinner. We had such a good time that my last thought as she left was "maybe now that we are adults we can be friends." She was murdered the next day. I'm so glad that my last memory of her was so pleasant.

annie said...

Your answers were great! Loved the flour especially.

Stacy said...

Ha,ha! Such fun answers today. I enjoyed reading them and as for that math problem...we're off to see the Wizard!

Mimi Lenox said...

Bev - I am so sorry to read about your sister's death. I'm glad you had that dinner with her. I can't imagine what you must have gone through.
Thanks for hosting Sunday Stealing. I enjoy playing.

Mimi Lenox said...

annie - Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Stacy - I don't know if the wizard himself could solve that problem....Thank you.

CountryDew said...

An awfully lot of us do not like the color orange. I wonder if it's an introvert thing.

Mimi Lenox said...

CountryDew - I noticed that as well. I don't think it's purely political.

Plastic Mancunian said...

Great answer to #7.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Mimi Lenox said...

Plastic - It's a recurring theme on this blog ...

Mimi Lenox said...

Gal - My cooking has evolved through the years. I don't think I was ever a terrible cook really. Perhaps the teasing was sport for some in my life...I just stayed quiet and tried to learn. But all teasing hurts, nonetheless.

Mimi Lenox said...

Martha - I'm glad I made you laugh. Goal accomplished for this meme! I hope your days get better soon.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

So much fun!

Mimi Lenox said...

Sherry - Glad you enjoyed.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...