Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Day 2 ~ The 60 Ways 2 Peace Challenge ~ Always Listen To The Somethings

Do you know how it feels to be at odds with someone? To have unfinished business? Unsaid words? I hate that feeling. Unfinished business causes unrest and there is no peace. There are times when it's necessary to cut people out of your life.  That is a different story. If separation brings peace to both, then bless each other and walk away.  But there are those avenues in life where the road is not so straight. And you end up wishing you could say or do something more to make things right.

Many many years ago I felt strongly compelled to visit someone in the hospital who wasn't supposed to live much longer. We certainly weren't at odds but he needed me and I wanted to be there for him. I had gone a few days earlier and planned to revisit on the weekend.  But by the time  Wednesday night came I was so distraught and worried about him that I couldn't sleep. Something said Go Now.
I went to bed, tossing and turning all night.  Go Now. My stomach was in knots. Go NOW. "But it's late," I rationalized, "I need to rest."  By 3am my spirit was so miserable I could barely breathe. But I decided not to drive in the middle of the night and waited until morning. I arose early to make my visitation, bustling around almost in a hurried panic to get on the road.  The phone rang before I walked out the door. He was already gone and it was too late.  He died alone. It took me years to forgive myself for that.  I know this is an extreme example, but it happens. Don't let it happen to you.
I vowed that day to "listen to the somethings." 
They always know.
Day 2 
~ Make amends with someone. No regrets.
 
Like Our Facebook Page
Pin It submit to reddit

No comments:

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...