Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Friday, July 11, 2014

The Five Things Gratitude Challenge

Nature is a reason to be grateful
 I started the challenge on Facebook this week. A way for me to get out of a negative-sliding-funk. 
Ever had one? 
It's not that I'm a negative person per se.... I'm just going through the challenges of life like everyone else. It can be overwhelming! It was midnight and I started thinking about all the crazy things I'd encountered during the day - some good, some bad, some stressful, some joyful - and it was easier to focus on the negatives (because they push the WORRY BUTTON - got one?) and then they stick in your mind like peanut butter to graham crackers. I needed to flip-flop the serotonin. 

One of the things I want to work on is becoming more non-reactive in stressful situations. Sometimes I am a knee-jerk personality...sometimes...because I am (1) opinionated (2) passionate (3) too-vintage-to-give-a-hoot-what-anybody-thinks and (4) a tad bit Italian. Those are my excuses.

Gratitude journals are not a new concept or practice for me, and certainly not a new meme idea on the net. The benefits are immense! It's actually difficult to limit myself to five things a day. That is my goal. And that is what I will do. Next step? Take your gratitudes and share them with others. There's a lot to be grateful for.
Every day. Every day. Every day.

Last night...

The first day...



Wanna join me? You don't have to list them on Facebook. You can blog it! Or Tweet it. Or Instagram it. Or status post it. Or write it on a billboard.....

Join us for BlogBlast For Peace Nov 4, 2014
Like Our Facebook Page
Pin It submit to reddit

No comments:

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...