Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dear Daddy

Dear Daddy, 

 Just this week I decided to visit your tool shop. I wanted to let you know that the hammer and your old wooden miter box are missing.   I absconded with them you see... but don't worry, I left the chalk line, a few nails and a whole lot of dust.  While you weren't looking I went rummaging through some things you left in a drawer...

 And on the wall
 by the chimney

 these must be ready for the Tin Man

 hanging in jars

And in the ground by the fence
I don't know what to do with them
so I closed the door
maybe next year
I miss you

Love, 
Mimi




Join us for BlogBlast For Peace Nov 4, 2012
*photography Mimi Lenox* 

9 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

ready for the tin man. I sometimes think I am. I certainly feel the rust.

Akelamalu said...

He is still alive in your heart Mimi. x

Red Shoes said...

He's always with you... just a thought away. I think I got something in my eye...

~shoes~

Sherry Blue Sky said...

So tender. And from the photo of the jars of nails all suspended from the rack, one can see what an organized man he was. No nails dumped in varying sizes in a can for him. Loved this, Mimi.

Mimi Lenox said...

I do feel him with me. Thank you.

The Gal Herself said...

You father must be so proud. First, he created such a talented woman. Then he inspires such a beautiful tribute.

Mimi Lenox said...

Gal - ohhhh..ya know. Daddy was a simple man by all means visible to most, but I always felt he never reached his own potential based on his own talents. Mostly because he sacrificed for us.

Red Shoes said...

Mimi...

maybe, just maybe... based on his love for you all, he wasn't sacrificing at all... if you know what I mean.

~shoes~

Travis Cody said...

Certainly there's no rush. One day there will come a time when those tools will move on to a new shed, to a new owner whom they will serve well. Once or two special ones will stay with you. And one or two may go to your boy from his grandpa.

And one or two will be saved for a couple of baby boys, from their great grandpa.

But there's no rush.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...