Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, September 18, 2011

100 Reasons To Blog4Peace #55 ~ A Measure of Hope

Back in the summer of 2008, I wrote a series of posts called Thirty Days Thirty Reasons to Fly A Peace Globe. I documented all the current conflicts and wars in the world, answering the who, what, when, where and why questions for all. It was an intensely emotional journey for me - AND my readers. The conflict in Chad, near the Sudan border which began in 2005, was Reason #25.

The five-year long Civil War in Chad ended with a peace treaty on January 15, 2010. Although there is still much suffering and displacement in the region as humanitarian efforts are ongoing with the help of the United Nations, the war has officially ended.
This should give all of us a measure of hope.
My reason #55 to Blog4Peace

Join us for BlogBlast For Peace Nov 4

No comments:

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...