Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Saturday, January 25, 2014

We're Too Small To Stop The Rain

 I have always loved this voice. 
Gary LeVox, the Ohio born singer for the trio Rascal Flatts, never ever ever fails to move me with his vocals. He is seen here performing for the troops in Bagdhad in 2007. For me, it's not about the genre but the talent, musicianship and lyrics. I enjoy everything from Prince to Mahler  - even the unlikely American country southern titled band of  Rascal Flatts.
Much music is on my brain this week. Performances, rehearsals, time at the piano and a million details to distract me. But nothing can take me out of myself and my troubles like a simple and brilliantly written melody line. And there is no one on earth who can deliver a ballad like this group or this voice.

People are in such need right now. My corner of the world is being inundated with wind and rain and floods. Ice and snow and frigid temperatures. Strange and dangerous weather all over the country and world. People stumbling in rubble and watching their homes sink into murky graves. Elderly people with no hope of ever rebuilding and sleeping in corners of school gymnasiums on the floor. Babies ripped out of the arms of mothers in epic tornadoes. I don't know what is happening in the world right now but it feels like upheaval, transition, revolution all around ...even in the earth.

So they sing.
And it helps me heal a little and remember to count my blessings.
 

I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you’ve done all you can do
And you can't cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
                                                   I will hold you tight
And I won't let go
  



Everyone needs someone who won't let go.



7 comments:

Finding Pam said...

Mimi, it must be difficult to see so much devastation all around you. I am thankful that you are OK. Now the Mississippi River flooding makes one realize how insignificant we all are and at the same time how we must stand together during hard times.

Our oldest son and his family had just moved to Montgomery, Alabama. He is an instructer at the War College. Thankfully, they are alright, but there was a lot of damage.

Travis Cody said...

Good music is good music, no matter the genre.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful song... I'm so glad you posted this.

Durward Discussion said...

Their harmonies are so clean and the solos simply soar. Music is my lifeline whenever the world tries to get out of hand.

Then there is my off kilter sense of humor that sees a personality description in the word verification: "Punhor"

bazza said...

Hi Mimi. That was a great song. Strangely enough there is a lovely ballad by The Pretenders of the same name ( I’ll Stand By You).

Ferd said...

Beautiful! The music, and the post.

Mimi Lenox said...

Travis - You are so right!

Dawn - It's very calming, isn't it?

Jamie - Oh, what a word verification! I do love this group.

Bazza - How are ya? I do know of that song. We all need someone like that in our lives, don't we?

Ferd - Glad you enjoyed it!

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...