Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Monday Mimisms ~ Pilots and Wings

He could have had any toy in the store. And chocolate. 
But he picked the plain styrofoam commercial airliner waiting to be assembled 
with imagination

For one dollar it fell down a lot.
Nosedived in gravel
No parachutes. No frills.
not even paint


But he treated it with gentleness
patiently reattaching
the wings
And with all the determination a 7-year-old pilot can muster
 watched it finally land straight
into a soft landing of leaves

cause something in that boy's eyes knew

his one dollar dream
would fly



Photo credit: Mimi Lenox

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Seven-year-old pilots rock!

Akelamalu said...

Just goes to show dreams don't have to cost the earth. :)

Travis Cody said...

Ingenuity, determination, patience...those things will get a guy pretty far.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I so love this - he knew his one dollar dream would fly! Wow! I hope he keeps on believing in his dreams! Beautiful, Mimi.

Red Shoes said...

I think the plain white plane (how's that?) allows him to use his imagination more!

What a wonderful story!!

~shoes~

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

as I said in email...those planes rule!

Charles Gramlich said...

I bought several of these for my son over the years. I say for my son but sometimes it was as much for me.

Dawn Drover said...

Imagination and dreams... that's what little boys are made of :)

Barbara said...

Ah, makes me miss those days when my boys were that age!

Ferd said...

"His one dollar dream would fly!" I think there is a country song in that!
:-)

The Gal Herself said...

I agree with Ferd (above). "His one dollar dream would fly!" is one of the coolest things you've written, Your Highness. (And you've turned many a snappy phrase here.)

Mimi Lenox said...

I so love that boy.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...