Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Green Conspiracy

7 Royal Questions on Tuesday

We will attempt to "go green" today. Even I'm green. Even Mr. Linky is green! (don't tell him) I am woefully ashamed of my non-green status in this country and wish to do better. Recyling is not my forte unless we're talking fingernails.  Let's find out how green we really are. I went to this website and was SHOCKED to learn that not only am I un-American and globally unwise in this regard, but I deserve to be smacked with a non-toxic noodle as well. I hate pain. I'd rather reform. Shall we?
How green are you?
1. Do you recycle?
Only boyfriends
2. Have you ever hung clothes on a line instead of using the clothes dryer? 
No. But when I was a wee child I remember seeing diapers and sheets out on the clothesline in the backyard. We didn't have a dryer. It was snowing outside.  They were frozen. 
I still don't get it!
3. Do you walk or bike to work to save energy?
Anybody with half a brain knows that walking and biking EXPENDS energy. 
Who wrote these questions?
4. Do you use a water filter for your tap water or do you buy bottled water?

This is an ongoing argument I have with myself daily. I open a bottle of water. I drink 1/4 of it. It stays around on my desk for the rest of the day. It is stale and room temperature by then. I put it back in the freezer thinking I'll have cold water soon but it freezes slower than the diapers.
I think it's a conspiracy.

5. How many trees do you kill each year buying new books?
Kill? TREEEEESSS? I LOVE trees! I even name my trees.
Meet "Gnarls" (rhymes with Charles!)


6. Have you ever considered recycling your cellphone?
Bwaaahaaaha! My cellphone is truly possessed. It pocket dials, it purse dials, it walking-pants dials, it even dials in my sleep (ummm...that might be the ambien, not sure)
 

 7. All you need are a few simple non-toxic ingredients like baking soda, vinegar, lemon, and soap to clean your home.  Are you willing to throw away the bottled chemicals?
I brush my teeth with baking soda sometimes. Does that count as green? 
I am so failing this test.


**Remember! March 26, 2011 is Earth Hour!** I'll be asleep.

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I kill some trees buying books, but I also plant some trees too.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I do not look that great in green...but I try

Durward Discussion said...

You are a very silly person. Now you are a silly green person. You will be pleased to know I found you a green boyfriend.

Anonymous said...

Is that Gnarles BARKley?? Bwahahaha! I kill myself sometimers....

Mimi Lenox said...

Charles - Planting trees is a good thing, yes it is.

Vinny - I'll bet you do. Did you do this meme today? If not, I will paint the dungeon walls green just for you.

Jamie - YES! I can't wait to meet him. It's not Kermit The Frog is it? I'm really tired of kissin' frogs ya know...

Coopernicus - LOL. Oh you.

Travis Cody said...

We stopped buying bottled water and bought a Britta pitcher. And we both buy mostly Kindle editions for reading these days.

So I guess we're doing our part.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...