Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Monday, May 3, 2010

I Take Thee, Vanilla, To Be My Wedded Wife




I don't intentionally cause trouble everywhere I go.
It just happened.
All I wanted was a piece of cake ya see. And whatEVER was in that glass.

I merely walked by!
I swear it!
And wham.
You won't believe what happened.

What made this wedding so special for me (besides the 25 yr. friendship with the bride) was that the couple who said their vows today are in their seventies.

(hiccup)
They met in elementary school, lost touch and reunited a while back.
When she walked down the aisle with her granddaughter waiting as maid-of-honor and his son as his best man, the stout-hearted groom left his officially appointed place at the front and met his lovely bride halfway up the aisle - spontaneously grabbing her hand and carefully, lovingly, taking her with him to the altar.

It wasn't planned but it was lovely.


I knew then that I liked him and he would be a supportive partner for my friend.

He cried. She giggled. They kissed. They danced back up the aisle to "It Had To Be You" twirling and oblivious to the applause around them.
And all would have been just perfect......




had he not fallen in the frosting






Bookmark and Share

32 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Oh dear.

Mimi Lenox said...

I swear I didn't touch it barely breathed on it I was just trying not to set my hair on fire when I bent over the hurricane lamp to take the picture cause I got too close and I swear I didn't push him!!

Sir Tom Eagerley said...

Mimi the minx! Funnily enough trouble always follows me around as well!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that frosting will get someone every time, won't it.
Really, who can just pass it by?
Obviously, not_____________.

Anonymous said...

I know you didn't push him... he was just bowled over by your awesomeness right? hmmmm....

Congrats to the happy couple!

Travis Cody said...

Of course I believe you.

Mr said...

A love story indeed, now brush the groom off, and let them dance...

Akelamalu said...

A beautiful love story - then he slipped in the ice(ing)!

Mojo said...

Ahh... young love. How sweet. And lemony!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Someone pick the groom up..he's in the frosting!

Charles Gramlich said...

My mom got remarried in her 60s and they had 25 great years together.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

You now they make zoom lenses so you do not have to kill grooms to get a picture

bazza said...

Well Mimi, you do mix in high society don't you?
It nice to think that you still get invited back. Aren't people kind?

Durward Discussion said...

It could have been worse. You could have tripped the real groom instead of his stand in. Imagine, frosting all over his puss like a scene from the Great Race which was obviously happened at Bloggingham.

Mimi Lenox said...

Tom - Somehow I am not surprised.

Mimi Lenox said...

P.S. Tom...you were KNIGHTED in my absence??

Mimi Lenox said...

Gregj - Why are we playing fill in the blanks? My picture is on the spoon for all to see.

Mimi Lenox said...

Dawn - I'm SURE that's it. LOL.

Mimi Lenox said...

Travis - You know me toooo well. Ha!

Mimi Lenox said...

Mr. Lance - The dance was magical!

Mimi Lenox said...

Mr. Lance - Their dance was beautiful!

Mimi Lenox said...

I think I said that twice.
Sigh.

Mimi Lenox said...

Akelamalu - But we fixed him right up. The bride didn't notice the icing.

Mimi Lenox said...

Mojo - They were VERY sweet and very much in love.

Mimi Lenox said...

Jean-Luc - I think he had a case of the nerves or either a sugar low. Bwaaahhhaaahha!!!

Mimi Lenox said...

Charles - That is awesome.

Mimi Lenox said...

Vinny - But it's more fun my way...

Mimi Lenox said...

Bazza - Very funny wiseguy!!!! I'll get you for that one, my friend. Just you wait....

Mimi Lenox said...

Jamie - And blogworthy!!!

Anonymous said...

I'll not be the one to name the perpetrator, having succumbed to the icing monster myself too many times.
A mystery is a foot. not

bobbybegood1 said...

Sure ya didn't. I don't believe you Queen Mimi. You and I are too much alike. And I love to stir things up. Hahaha. Cheers Mimi!!

Mimi Lenox said...

Bobby ala "mimi" - Nothing shocks me anymore. You must be ahead of the curve. It's been a regular Plague of The Pot Stirrers in the blogosphere lately. Never a dull moment.
(she said with frustrated sarcasm)

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...