Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday Mimisms ~ Some trophies fell on my head


I have been remiss acknowledging awards lately. I do appreciate each and every one of these and the friendships I've made here in the blogosphere. As I read through comments I am always struck by just how much we actually know about each other, how much we choose to reveal about ourselves also takes a measure of trust, and the encouragement given when one is in joy or pain is really an inspirational thing to watch. In most cases, we've never met the person on the other end of the blog we're visiting, but that doesn't stop folks from forming relationships and camaraderie. Strangers don't seem so strange anymore (well, some of you are pretty strange yeah I'm talking to you Thom...how's the food in the dungeon this week?) and we learn we have more in common than we thought we ever could.
So thanks to the following bloggers for honoring me with these awards. Some are new faces, some are familiar friends and visitors in the castle. If you are a reader or follower of this blog, I pass them on to YOU (yes I'm talking to YOU)
Have a wonderful week and thank you all very much! It truly means a lot.


From Mejis @ Did I Say That Outloud? (She's really fun. Have you read her?) for Mimi Writes and
From Lorielle @
Hey Baby! What's Your Card?(Need a reading?) for Dating Profile Of The Day
I must now write 10 little known and honest facts about myself. I've been blogging three years. There is nothing left to tell. Unless.....

1. I have seen a ghost in Bloggingham's trees. Wanna see? Go here.
2. I like grilled onions on everything.
3. I like peanut butter and mustard sandwiches (sans the onions).
4. When I go to the doctor I always have a list of questions in my lap. It's very stressful....for the doctor.
5. I recently stepped on a bird. I had to throw away my shoes. Post forthcoming.
6. I sleep with a night-lite. (Read #1)
7. I have a classical music degree but rarely listen to classical music for enjoyment. I try to analyze it to death and it's no fun. College took the fun out of Beethoven.
8. I collect antique china.
9. I used to do some oil painting and watercolor. I don't have time now. I really should make time.
10. I believe with all my heart that the only good mouse is a dead mouse.

The "I'm A Fan" Award from Debbie at Through Thick 'n Thin in Cape Cod, Massachusetts who writes heartfelt posts that make me think. She is one of the best moms I know.




The Inspirational Blog Award from Dawn @ Twisted Sister who is not in the least bit twisted.

She lives on a rock in Newfoundland, Canada. She makes me laugh. She makes me cry. I'm such a fan of her eclectic writing and style. Dawn has some of the most outstanding photography in the blogosphere. Glaciers....shorelines....tunnels....hillsides....mountains.....family frolics....and all in her beautiful backyard. Do yourself a favor and check her out.

From the awesome Debbie at Through Thick 'n Thin and
From an attorney in the Philippines ~ PinkLady from Sheepish Thoughts for The Queen's Meme
Pink Lady is one of the most creative writers with memes combining funny answers and images that I've ever seen. Here's the proof.



From Bud @ WTIT Tape Radio Station
Need a laugh? Be warned: It's unique, irreverent, and funny. It also chronicles the life of a DJ over forty+ years of spinning labels in the real-world radio industry and recording "tape radio" with friends that go back to high school. Who ever heard of a tape radio station? I told you he was unique.


From Shannon's Moments of Introspection (Her recipes make me want to go off my diet. Her passion for promoting BlogBlast For Peace always makes me smile.)
and the ever witty Mejis who writes "Tales from the redneck hood and other shenanigans". It is a beautifully designed space and she believes in ghosts, snakes and boyfriends ~ from Mejis @ Did I Say That Outloud?



From Speedy Hollydale
Think chickens, suave, and silly with a capital S. But why is he called Speedy? Not sure. But there's a rumor going around that he has multiple personalities. I heard that from Doctor Shoal and Nurse Amanda HuganKiss. And last week? He baked a batch of chocolate oatmeal cookies to get out of the dungeon. Where does he find the time?


From Dawn at Twisted Sister in Newfoundland, Canada
who left a lovely gift of sisterhood and friendship for her female readers. I'd like to send it on to my female readers as well. They are beautiful!

Please forgive me if I left anyone out. I know I'm breaking some rules here but I just can't pick and choose because I always leave someone out I wanted to honor. So please, take them and enjoy the positive vibe. I would love to know ten more facts about all of you when you post the Honest Scrap Award.
See you tomorrow with The Queen's Meme.
Happy Monday!


I'm going to make a peanut butter and mustard sandwich now.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

You haven't received my award in the mail yet "Your Hineyness"? hmmm I'm bummed *gnawing on the left overs from the stinky plate that was left from the Royal Twit. Congrats on your awards :)

Mimi Lenox said...

Thom - If you call me Your Hineyness one more time I'm going to drop a trophy on your head. I hope Dawn doesn't see this comment. She's not fond of the T word either.

If I were you, I'd head for the hills.

Debbie said...

mmmm grilled onions. Ever try sticking scallions on the grill?

congrats mimi on all of your awesome awards. you deserve each and every one.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

breaking meme rules = dungeon...

march on downstairs young lady...

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Well deserved, Mimi...you have a fab blog.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I thought you deserved all but one. (Just kidding!) Congrats and go celebrate...

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I will have to check out some of those blogs.

Doctor Shoal said...

I can confirm ( from my ofice ) that Speedcat Hollydale has way toooo many personalities.
Nurse Amanda HuganKiss does too, but she ( aka Olga the Traveling Bra ) might have a larger problem.
In my professional opinion, they both are delirious.

Dr. Shoal

Doctor Shoal said...

http://nothinghere11.blogspot.com/2009/07/award-from-mimi-for-doctoring.html

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Doctor Shoal is a QUACK!

Mimi Lenox said...

Debbie - That does sound delicious. I don't grill, as a rule, but next time I'll try it. I'll bet you're a great cook.

Mimi Lenox said...

Debbie - That does sound delicious. I don't grill, as a rule, but next time I'll try it. I'll bet you're a great cook.

Mimi Lenox said...

Vinny - Yes sir...

Mimi Lenox said...

Bud - I know what you mean...very funny.

Mimi Lenox said...

Mejis - Good blogs to be found here. And thank you again!

Mimi Lenox said...

Eric - Now your multiple personas have shown up over here. How utterly fascinating!
How DO you do it?

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Ask Speedy!

Mimi Lenox said...

**Asking Speedy**...Wow. You ARE Speedy!

Dawn Drover said...

You really ought to muzzle Thom. I can hear him from here...

Congrats on all your awards!
How's your head?

Mimi Lenox said...

Dawn -He's getting on my last nerve.

j said...

Congratuations on the awards Mimi. You are worthy!

I am terrible about posting awards - to the point that I just don't do it anymore.

You have much better blog manners than I.

Charles Gramlich said...

Whoa, you are the queen of awards I'd say.

Mouse said...

OMG ........ I'm traumatised!

*10. I believe with all my heart that the only good mouse is a dead mouse.*

Mimi Lenox said...

Jennifer - I just had to acknowledge and there are more to do. I really appreciate them. You do have manners silly girl.

Mimi Lenox said...

Charles - They are very kind.

Mimi Lenox said...

Charles - They are very kind.

Mimi Lenox said...

Mouse - I didn't mean YOU!! Only the horrid real ones with long tails and squeaky faces that scurry in the night. YUK.

You are a kind mouse.

Desert Songbird said...

You are very deserving of any and all accolades, my queen.

Doctor Shoal said...

I am lost ..... where am I ???

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...