Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Monday Mimisms with Mimi Queen of Memes: Blog Action Day


I've been reading about

Blog Action Day across the internet this weekend. The first annual event launches today, October 15, 2007. The premise for influence is the same as BlogBlast For Peace except the subject is the environment. Just mention the initiative in a post and/or write a post about the environment. There will surely be a wealth of information available on this subject in the blogosphere today!
"We must preserve the world we live in for ourselves and our children. Clean water and clean air are basic human necessities. I pledge today to be more cognizant of how my habits and lifestyle contribute or detract from the crucial environmental issues on the world stage in our time." That's my pledge.
I have great respect for any project that encourages dialogue and expands creativity. Unified action such as this - and Peace Globe Day - are examples of the positive influence of bloggers who are united around a central theme.
My passion is peace. I am overwhelmed by the response to BlogBlast this year. It's going to be a phenomenal showing.
Do you have your peace globe? Since it is my meme day, I officially tag anyone who would like to get their groovy globe groove on and get moving on the environment with Blog Action Day. It's a peaceful thing to do.
One of the first globes for November 7, 2007.......
Anyhow submitted this from Singapore. It's lovely!
What will yours look like?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimi, thanks for visiting my blogs. I will have a peace globe up just as quickly as possible... just have to find the opportunity to create one.

For visiting my blog and leaving a comment, you are the recipient of a 'sweet treat'. Come pick it up on my blog. Hope you enjoy it.

Patti said...

Hmmm....thinking about making another. Give me a bit of time...

Anonymous said...

I love that peace globe. Great quote! :)

Oh, and by the way, I tagged you.
*snickers and then runs away*

Travis Cody said...

I'm so stubborn - Sanni is doing Peace Globes for people and I'm still determined to figure out how to do something besides just write my name on it!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

i done one and have an idea for another when my left arm works again...missed the dating thing so sorry - hard to be snarky when you hurt

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...