Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Oops....I Forgot To Be Inspirational


So I went for "creative."

Apparently, somebody was paying attention. Whew! That was a close one.

    Earlier today I wrote a scathing review of my day complete with more than one profane uttering -usually not found on this blog - because quite frankly, well, I was having a bad day. An unQueenly moment. Smacked with real life right in the crown keister. And just after Ev from My Life Is Murphy's Law (aka Wacky Mom) gave me an Inspirational Blogger award earlier in the week for heaven's sakes (!) and here I am throwing myself into doldrums and sweeping the moat with a dirty bird nest on my porch and all kinds of nasty problems. You know, real life. So I wrote this (I Spilled My Skirt) in psychological defense of said real life using a lethal laugh-at-myself personna and like magic - and at almost the same time I hit Publish Post, I won another award.
Drats! Drats! and double drats! You mean somebody actually returned from vacation and is reading blogs today? And I thought the coast was clear. But not to fear. I covered myself well.

It took a longer skirt but I have plenty.


Ahem...

It was
Christy. Sweet Christy from Writer's Review.com - a site dedicated almost solely to uplifting other bloggers and awarding awards. She just wanted to make my day and boy did she ever. She gave me the lovely badge you see at the top and a place in the blogroll of fame with all sorts of wonderful bloggers. I'm so honored to receive this Creative Blogger Award.
And red-faced.
Thanks Christy, for hailing creativity and being so kind. I love what you are doing at your place of blog abode.
I promise to be inspirational.
Tomorrow.

9 comments:

Patti said...

Mimi, your creativity, much like your skirts, has no limits.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

mimi darling you inspire the entire world to fly their peace globes, remember?

you are the greatest...

smiles, bee

One Wacky Mom said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats. It was probably my tiny potty mouth that got you into trouble! Unfortunately, its been the 12 years on Wall Street that did me in. I'm a constant work in progress and trying to clean it up!!!!

I'll work at it harder Queen of Bloggingham, so I won't be a bad influence! Now unfortunately, I have to go make a real living!

Anonymous said...

You are one of the most creative people I know! Well earned Mimi!

I haven't read the other post yet, going to now. But I have to say EV has me DYING here at her "tiny potty mouth" bit. HAHAHAHA!

Mimi Lenox said...

Patti - Thank you, my friend. You are the best.

Mimi Lenox said...

Empress Bee - Ahhh....peace globes. That's a pleasant thought.I think I'll meditate on spinning globes for awhile.. Thanks for the reminder.

Mimi Lenox said...

Wacky Mom - I like your tiny potty mouth. It keeps you real. But I don't really think you have a potty mouth at all.

Mimi Lenox said...

Polli - Ev is a hoot.

Travis Cody said...

I love your creativity, even if it's a rant. Few rant as eloquently as you do.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...