Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Monday, April 23, 2007

Sunday Blog Chatter: Secrets, Crazy Men and Contests


Pencil Skirt has been flying around the blogosphere in search of peace globes. While I was out I bumped into some fab blogs. Look what I found!

1. PostSecret.

Do you know about this blog? Here's the scoop. "You are invited to anonymously contribute your secrets to PostSecret. Each secret can be a hope, regret, funny experience, unseen kindness, fantasy, belief, fear, betrayal, erotic desire, confession, or childhood humiliation. Reveal anything - as long as it is true and you have never shared it with anyone before." I loved the one seen above. Just create a 4 x 6 image and text on any material and mail it in. The secrets found here are oh so juicy! They can be touching and funny as well.




2. The Adventures of The S-Team by Ian Healy. I'm not usually a comic reader, but Ian's colorful site and innovative writing was enough to reel me in.

I knew he could write serious fiction (he blew me away last year with his unbelievable wordcount during the NaNoWriMo
craziness) and I knew he could write comedy (he enters a weekly Comeback Challenge competition to prove it) but I had no idea he was so multi-talented.


Ever heard of Sandstorm. Science Guy. Shellshock. Silence. Slick. Smokescreen. Stonewall. Stretch. ???? According to Ian, "These are the members of the S-Team, a group of superheroes dedicated to righting injustices, fighting evil, and trying to all get along with each other." Sound interesting?
In recognition of the one-year anniversary of his popular comic site, he recently held a competition and asked readers to contribute their own comic strips. Click HERE
for more exciting developments in this writer's repertoire.

The Adventures of the S-Team (C)2006-2007, Ian Healy. Visit scenic www.ianthealy.com for more information. Adventures of the S-Team is hosted on ComicGenesis, a free webhosting and site automation service for webcomics.


Ian describes himself as "Questioning the Unquestionable; Arguing the Untenable; And being Generally Obnoxious and Opinionated" on his awesome blog, EDog's Everything Page. I don't buy it for a minute.


He's just a nice guy.
With a lot of talent.

3. Speaking of competitions, there's one going on right now at Dating Profile of The Day (I am vaguely familiar with this blog.....ahem.....) It is Round 24 of the Saturday Comeback Challenge entitled "I Wasn't Naked When I Wrote This." Why don't you try to your hand at a little blandup comedy? The deadline is Monday night 11:59 pm.



My favorite crazy bachelor this week said, "I like standing naked in front of my window and flying kites during thunderstorms....i never wear underwear and i'm not ashamed to repeat that fact to complete strangers on the bus...i wasn't naked when I wrote this."  Go figure. 



4. Many of my favorite bloggers are in a fierce competition for the coveted Blogger's Choice Awards.
Mimi Writes is listed in the Blogitzer category (for best writing) and Humor. Dating Profile of the Day is up for Best Humor. 
GEM,  SGT DUB, Dr. Blogstein and many others. Please take the time to check out the competition, nominate your favorite blogger or even nominate yourself.

That's all for Sunday Blog Chatter. Have a wonderful week!


4 comments:

Linda said...

I have to say that Bobbarama is one of my very favorite blogs to read and one of the main reasons is his comments to the comments. As if the post itself isn't enough to make you spit assorted liquids out of your nostrils (provided you are foolish enough to try to drink while reading his page!), the comments to the comments will have you on the floor laughing uncontrollably. The man is sheer genius when it comes to tickling funny bones and I'm not saying that just because I won the coveted 500th comment M&Ms!

(This comment has been an unpaid and unsolicited endorsement of Bobbarama and reflects only the view of the writer.)

Mimi Lenox said...

Linda - He is quite funny and you're right; the commen trail keeps the laughter going. We are really so blessed to have such talented people to interact with everyday. (including YOU)

I so love blogging.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Thanks for including me in your Sunday Blog Chatter ... and I'll be checking out your Dating Profile of the Day later today or tonight.

And I'll be voting for everyone on your Blogger's Choice list as well.

Thanks again. Very nice of you!

Your Sunday Blog Chatter ... Oh, wow
I've arrived in the here, in the now
A plug for me, Bobbarama?
Like I'm some modern-day Dalai Lama?
Look at me, wow, I've made it and how!

Lux said...

Mimi, please come read my latest post. Thank you!

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...