Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Reason #27 To Blog4Peace ~ They Took My Challenge From 100 to Zero

They took my challenge.
They've been blogging for peace for the past 86 days. Yes!! I said 86 days. It's the longest peace fest in history (well, I'd better research that but I'm betting we're close) In fact, most of them are STILL blogging the 100 Reasons. Why stop now? They've counted down from 100 almost to zero.

I have most of their wonderful posts in one article almost ready, but for now, I'd like to introduce you to some incredibly dedicated people who've made it their mission to search out just why indeed they blog for peace. You'll find some amazing posts and inspiration.

This is a partial list of those who took the 100 Days 100 Reasons to Blog4Peace Challenge and a few snippets of their work. Please visit them to read more. I will soon have them all in one page at the top of my blog. And if you blogged the challenge, please write me!!! I don't want to leave anyone out.

Terica's Flower Impressions expanded into a brand new blog just to hold her peace reasons. It's called Terica Blogs For Peace
North Carolina

#21 Revolution Whispers  #22 Nobel Peace Prize For Women  #23 US Military Veterans  #24 I Am Who I Am  #25 Peace Art   #26 America Falling? #27 A Good spirit Song #28 American Poverty #29 Stop Bullies


          Laura Campanelli ~ Gainesville, Florida

i blog for peace today.. for all peaceful protesters
I blog for peace today for all the new children born into this world
i blog for peace today so children stay children and not force to carry a gun at age 10.. kill there own family so they can live
i blog for peace today.. for the lost children who live on the streets
i blog for peace today... for parents who have trouble teens




Daisy Mae Maus
I blog for peace because I can!
Cheysuli is blogging for peace as only she can...

The Matriarch's Corner ~ Kathy Duffy Thomas
Columbia, South Carolina
#65 I Blog for Peace Because I Seek To Redeem   #66 I Blog For Peace Because I Seek Redemption
  #67 Reason to Blog4Peace: CoExist   
2011 BlogBlast4Peace Peace Globe  Act Locally: Reasons To Blog4Peace     #65-74 Peace Within Me   We Remember



Michelle Frost in Scotland, author of Crow's Feet  and her specially made blog for peace blogging. She tells the story of the thimbles and calls it Peace Thimbles 

#84 The Glory of War   #83 Dominion of Dreams   #82 Let It Begin with Me   #81 An Unlikely Angel   #79 Peace Globes 2010   #78 A Little Town With A Huge Heart   #77 The Sisters Buried At Lemnos  and  Poems For Peace  


Travis of Trav's Thoughts
United States  Known as Dancing Bee for Peace and maker of most excellent peace globes (a Peace Globe Worker Bee extraordinaire), Travis posts a 30 day countdown each year featuring Peace Quotes. Even while blogging the 100 Reasons, he still carries on this tradition on his blog. 


Reason 62:  Because being willing to stand and defend does not mean I condone hitting first. 
Reason 61:  On the Turning Away, written by David Gilmour and Anthony Moore, recorded by Pink Floyd, released in 1987 on the album A Momentary Lapse of Reason
 Reason 60:  Because it can be challenging enough to make a prosperous life without the added difficulty of slogging through constant conflict.
Reason 59:  Because I don't know how to be indifferent to the suffering that goes on in the world.  I blog for peace because to be idle is to lend some measure of credibility to the idea that it's enough that I am not suffering in this moment.  When one suffers we all are the worse for it. 
Reason 58:  I blog for peace so that I shall continuously renew the patience and persistence I need to re-dedicate myself every year to a path of fulfillment based in knowledge, responsibility, service, and respect for diversity. 

Reason 20:  In the Lord of the Rings films, Lady Galadriel (played ethereally by Cate Blanchett, says "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."  I am just arrogant enough to believe that I can change the future by my actions, and so my actions include blogging for Peace.
Reason 19:  Because I can't control what someone else is going to do, and sometimes I can't control my own circumstances.  The only thing I have control over is my decisions...to act or not.  I choose to act as a Peace blogger.


Frank of Foxxfyrre's Honk n' Hollr in Canada

 #79 We, Robot   #80 Peeing on The Linoleum   #80 Account Closed
  #81 Colours #82 Love Letters   #83 Right Now #2   #84 Right Now: At This Moment  #85 Declare WAR For Peace   #90-86 PEACE (letter by letter)   
#99-91 Examining the word  #100 The very first BlogBlast with Mimi  









Shannon Wamsley @ Shannon's Moments of Introspection ~ Wisconsin

Shannon's Reasons - And she put them all in one post for me. Yay!
Reason #100 - So my children have a better world to live in.
Reason #99 - To stop the hatred
Reason #98 - To be free from pain
Reason #97 - Because peace is not something you wish for, it is something you make, something you do, something you are and something you give away (Robert Fulghum)


Eileen Trainor  
San Marcos, Texas
Endangered Spaces
 Texas RVTravel
Why do I blog for peace? If I can cause one mind to doubt, to study further, to ask questions, then I have done something that would not have been done if I had not tried. Try, won't you?

I blog for peace because I want the world to remember the words of Jimmy Carter: War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children. - Jimmy Carter


Randal H. Moomaw ~ Sugar Creek, Ohio
I blog for peace because we have ENOUGH historic dates!!!

Diane Hsz ~ Connecticut


I blog for Peace. The seasons are changing and in spite of how we treat Mother Earth, she survives. But is surviving enough? By promoting peace we bring peace not only to others, but to Mother Earth. But what does it do for us personally?
This week I participated it a drumming circle for International Peace Day. In a moment of drumming I could hear the heart beat of Mother Earth.

I blog for peace because there is hope.


EmmDee Writes   
 I Blog4Peace because Desmond Tutu said, "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."
 
 Real Life 101 Reason that I blog for Peace ~ Reverend Fred Shuttlesworth
Real Life 501 reason that I blog for Peace - I have and I know love for all of God's children
Reason No. 502 that I am a peace blogger - w/peace there is the opportunity for open communication and love to occur no matter the known differences. So, give peace a chance ~ after all the animals do it.


Susan St. Clair
Toronto, Canada
I blog for peace because...
#81 The World Needs To Heal  
#80 My Grandmother
#79 I Blog For Peace Even When I Do Not Feel Like It



Kevin Walsh ~ Carlisle Cumbria England
I Blog for Peace because without it we will not rid the world of hunger and disease. however thanks to many individual days of Peace we stand on the brink of eradicating the second human disease in history. On World Polio Day, Monday 24 October, let's support Rotary's End Polio Now initiative #rotaryendpolio


So tonight I blog for peace because they blog for peace and you blog for peace and cats blog for peace and dogs blog for peace and gerbils and goats and even squid.
Yep. Even squid.


 Join us for BlogBlast For Peace Nov 4

2 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Wow. I'm so glad you are collecting the reasons. This makes me look forward the Blog Blast day even more.

Well done to all who took up the challenge!

Mimi Lenox said...

They are stellar posts and more I haven't found. Yours are just brilliant. Thank you for participating. We've amassed a large collection of wisdom and inspiration.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...