Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Saturday, August 20, 2011

100 Reasons to Blog4Peace ~ Elie Wiesel


Reason #79 

  I blog for peace because of people like Elie Wiesel, a Nobel Peace Prize Laureate (1986) and one of my personal heroes. He lost most of his family in a concentration camp during WWII and later became one of the world's most profound voices on the subject of tolerance and peace. He suffered unimaginable horror, as did millions of others, and turned what could have been the beginning of lifelong bitterness and retreat into compassion for others and a search for his own truth.  He and his wife, Marion, founded The Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity.
The world is a better place because of the words and deeds of Elie Wiesel.


Join us for BlogBlast For Peace Nov 4, 2011.


1 comment:

klbrowser said...

He is one of my biggest influences too. I met him after reading "Night" when I was in high school. This had a profound effect on me.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...