Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sunday Blog Chatter ~ Have You Noticed The Hush?

*Please scroll down for the peace post.*


Whew! What a week. The government turned Democrat, the world turned upside down, the leaves turned golden and the blogosphere turned blue. I'm beat! Is it just me or have you noticed the quiet in here?

Here's what happened in Bloggingham Palace (the bloggable parts)



Election Day 2008: While the Bushes were out voting and dining with the Queen of England, I tried to sneak a peace globe into the White House one more time. And I would have made it too if it hadn't been for my lame look out dog, Homer, who caused an international incident by trying to dig up bones in the Rose Garden while on duty. What a pest! What a disaster! What a mess....
I'll try again with the Obama administration. They're getting a puppy. Hey! I know a really pesky ornery nifty guard dog who is gonna need a home real soon......



Then later that evening I was nearly thrown off the Doctor Blogstein Radio Happy Hour for cheating on the Get Back Trivia Game. Who knew which President's brother owned a beer company? I said Bill Clinton. (Sorry, Sir) Who KNEW which President's nickname was Bubba? I said Jimmy Carter (sorry, Sir). Vinny/Bond tried to help me cheat rescue his pencil skirt pal with the answer. Who CARES??! But it was really the Saturday Night Live question that sealed my fate. Who parodied Gerald Ford on Saturday Night Live? I said Sarah Palin (sorry, Ma'am) and then asked Doctor Blogstein if I could defer to a 5th grader.
It was
no-can-d0 Miss Pencil Skirt. Where is his sense of humor? And poof! No prize for moi. I demand a recount!! At least I got to talk about Peace Globes and the handsome Doc said I was "delightful"...yippee! Does delightful win me a prize? I didn't think so....
We elected Barack Obama as President of The United States. I did my part. They gave me a sticker. I wanted a lollipop. They were not amused.



BlogBlast For Peace
dawned November 6th. Forty-eight hours later there had been 1833 hits on this site, hundreds of peace globes were in my mailbox or linked here - the biggest launch ever. It was AMAZING. We added four new countries to the list this time: Czech Republic, Mexico, Zimbabwe and Japan. I am still counting globes and documenting the event. Go HERE for updates and watch for your globe to appear in the gallery.




Doctor Anonymous and I had a fabulous time wrapping up Peace Globe Day on his popular show Thursday night. We reminisced about the very first BlogBlast in 2006, I ranted (yes, me!) about the stubborn wonderful folks at Wikipedia, declared it "Just Say No To Trivia" Day (sorry Doctor Blogstein!), laughed a lot with friends in the chat room and shared a special story with caller Lee from Tarheel Ramblings about what peace globes means to him. His post is a must-read.
Take a listen.


Had enough drama? Me too!What I did for stress relief....

I went for a walk to clear my pencil head.
It was Peace Week, so I hugged a tree.


















I took 33 bubble baths.




Sat in my favorite spot. A lot.
Stared out the window..Talked to a few backyard trees.....
Read over 200 amazing peace posts.
I'm still reading and will share some of my discoveries in the coming week.

Finally, in an effort to make peace with Doc Blogstein, I sent him a lovely cake made with my own hands, offered to be his cheeto and ask him nicely if I could be on his show again. I thought it was decent of him to send this note.


I hate show business.


51 comments:

Michelle said...

Good Morning Mimi :-)

Thank you for starting this idea... or should I thank Papa? It has been a wild ride! I started off thinking I'd read one or two peace posts, to get a feel of the day, but each one I opened was unique, interesting, made me think... and in the end I became a compulsive "globe-trotter" reading and viewing as many as I could on the day, until my eyes were spinning! Like this -> @@

Please don't feel you have to explain or apologise for Zimbabwe not being on one list on one post. I have no idea how you've managed to cope with the deluge of globes and info that came your way.

Oh, that bit about the 44 is very cool! I went and found a website with 44 numerology (have a blogger friend who's cracked on numbers and got me into it a bit) and it was very interesting.

I can't find it now, been on too many websites the last few days, but basically if Obama lives up to the number 44 he should be a great president.

Hey, and I never got to say a simple "Hi Mimi, nice to find you on the net and get to know you." :-)

Lizza said...

It's been a whirlwind of a week, Mims - especially for you!

You baked a cake for Dr. Blogstein???

*note to self: say a little prayer for Dr. B.* :-D

Finding Pam said...

Hey Mimi, I am stil reading blogs! One voice united.

Hopefully, Obama will be more receptive to the Queen's Peace globes.

You get lots of R&R as you deserve it.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

mimi i knew who's brother owned a beer company. i know the stupidist stuff! dang...

congratulations of the peace globes honey.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Carver said...

Great post Mimi and it certainly has been quite a week. I wanted to tell you that some of my non blogging friends mentioned what a great thing you have going with the peace globes and although they aren't commenters or bloggers, they enjoyed looking at some of the different peace globes. Cheers to you!

Margo Moon said...

I, for one, can totally see Sarah Palin as Gerald Ford. That was inspired, Mimi.

And an "I voted" lollipop instead of a sticker? You're really using the old bean today, girl.

Finally, that lady in that cheeto tub's gonna be soooo orangey when she gets out.

You crack me up when you get silly!

Mimi Lenox said...

Michelle whose land of birth is Zimbabwe - I watched you go from blog to blog leaving insightful and passionate comments. I want to thank you. Your enthusiasm is exactly what peace globes is all about. Some of the best writing actually happened in the comment sections.

I told you it was addictive!!

Mimi Lenox said...

and Michelle....we should always thank Papa.

Mimi Lenox said...

Lizza - Shhh...don't tell Doc I can't cook. I don't think he reads me very much.

Daisy said...

It has been a really amazing week. Blogblast for Peace is so inspiring, and I love seeing and reading all the thoughtful and heartfelt posts.

Mimi Lenox said...

Pam - I hope everyone will do themselves a favor and do exactly what you have done. It is an opportunity and a priviledge to read them. Thank you.

Mimi Lenox said...

Bee - Where were you when I needed you??!

Mimi Lenox said...

Bee... - Who was it...??

Anonymous said...

Thank you, once again, for your enthusiastic mention of my Blogblast post. It was one of the easiest posts I have written because it came from the heart. When something like that comes pouring out of me, through the keys of my computer, onto the screen, I'm convinced that it's not really me, but a Power Greater Than Me at work.

It was fun talking to you on Dr. A's show Thursday night, and I'm glad I was able to get through. Most of all, I'm glad of the recognition that this movement is getting through those exposure opportunities. Most of all, I'm grateful for the relationship you had with your grandfather that spawned this event.

Mimi Lenox said...

Carver - Non-bloggers talkin' peace globes. Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!

Mimi Lenox said...

Margo - Homer is not laughing this morning but thank you. The girl is going to need another bath when she gets out of the cheetos....

Mimi Lenox said...

Daisy - You looked purrrrfectly beautiful in your little red outfit for peace globes day. I'd like to borrow it for Saturday night. Is that still OK with you?

Mimi Lenox said...

Lee - It was a pleasure to talk with you Thursday and to hear your take on the event and what (or who) inspired you to write the post you did - which spoke to the heart of any reader who has a little "Lilly" in their lives. It's a keeper and she's a cutie, Grandpa....

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

You are a riot!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

LOVE your peace globe in the reception area at Buckingham Palace!

Charles Gramlich said...

Homer, homer, Homer.

Mimi Lenox said...

Bud - I'm going to show this to my mother this afternoon. She'll love the cheetos bath. We'll see who's a riot after this...

I'll tell her you said hi.

Mimi Lenox said...

Julia - Thanks for noticing! I have my ways ya know...

Mimi Lenox said...

Charles - That dog has to G.O!! (no, I don't mean outside...oh..you know what I mean)

Sandee said...

Bwahahahahaha. Poor Homer. He just does all this on purpose you know.

A Cheetos bath. I never thought about doing that. I'm going to the store now to get Cheetos.

Have a great day Mimi. Get some rest. Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

Mimi Lenox said...

Sandee - Only you and I would love a cheetos bath. Godiva too! AFTER I step in....then it's anybody's guess how I'd get out.
Maybe Homer will be around to give me a paw....

and a towel.

ShannonW said...

It was one hell of a week! The BlogBlast For Peace topped all the highlights for me.

Mimi Lenox said...

Shannon - I'm glad you feel that way about it. We all appreciate the way you visited so many and left comments.
No Dungeon For YOU!!

Patti said...

Hi Your Highness,
First of all, congratulations on a successful BlogBlast.

I hope to visit more peace globe posts today. This week has been crazy for me.

I have given you a much-deserved award and tagged you with a simple meme. As the Queen, you should have no trouble with it.

Have a relaxing Sunday.

Ferd said...

What a spectacular long BlogBlast weekend! I also spent a lot of it reading peace posts. Amazing is right. Inspiring. Awesome in the true sense of the word.

Good work, Mimi!

I'd think twice about Homer and the Obama's puppy. Homer seems to be Republican, and God knows what might happen. Just sayin'.

Akelamalu said...

Mimi your Blogblast for Peace is awesome - just like you! x

Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's a lot of cheetos! Are you trying to get Homer into the White House?

The Invite for the Enterprise Christmas Party is running now!

Travis Cody said...

It was definitely a great week!

Julie said...

I think Julia should win the prize for seeing your globe with royalty! I missed that. Your attention to detail is spectacular!

Thanks for orchestrating this symphony of unity my friend! You are one fantastic gal!

Lisa said...

Such a fun post to wrap it all up. I heard you on the show. I thought I was the only one who called Clinton "bubba." I truly had no idea it was a general nickname. And though I remember "billy beer", I thought they wanted John Adams. But further research reveals that Sam Adams and John were cousins, not brothers. Boy, this political stuff is hard work. :)

Thank you for bringing a wonderful thing into my life and helping me so many new peace friends.

Mimi Lenox said...

Patti- I know you lead a busy busy life as a topnotch reporter. Thank you for participating in this event.

Mimi Lenox said...

Ferd - Homer is Republican??! Who KNEW??!! That explains why he hates me.
Sigh.

Mojo said...

I would've missed the "Bubba" question myself, and possibly the SNL one too (Chevy Chase?) but how could you forget Billy Beer?

Actually, while it was a neat novelty, the beer itself was awful as I recall. Totally forgettable.

Mimi Lenox said...

Akelamalu my friend from across the pond - YOU are awesome.

Mimi Lenox said...

Jean-Luc - I'm so there!

Mimi Lenox said...

Travis - Thank you so much for all your assistance helping bloggers make peace globes and being there for me! Smooch to you.

Mimi Lenox said...

Julie - A symphony of unity...I like that.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

You need some rest...you called Doc handsome!

Anonymous said...

This was a CRZY week. No wonder why I was so exhausted over the weekend.

That last photos is EXCELLENT

Julie said...

I knew you would! I had to toss a musical description in there!

Smoooch!

Desert Songbird said...

Have I told you lately that you rock? I haven't? Well, you do. You really do.

Mimi Lenox said...

Bond - I did? Are you sure??! Surely I didn't write such a thing....did I?

lol

Mimi Lenox said...

Meleah - It has been crazy. Have you ever had a cheetos bath? It's fun!

But sticky.

Mimi Lenox said...

Julie - A way with words you also have, my dear. You tend to wax poetic periodically...

Mimi Lenox said...

Desert Ice - Why, thank you. You know you are one of my favorite people on the face of the earth...don't ya?

Just sayin'..

Michelle said...

Wonderful post. Thanks for making me smile today. Take care.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...