Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Monday Mimisms: Sharing My Heart


Tonight as I started to prepare the initial launch of the blogosphere's fifth BlogBlast For Peace and make the announcement that always comes to kick off the November 6th event, something made me stop, step off the advertising box, put down the promotional pen....and speak from my heart. To you.

I don't know what the peace globe movement means to you, but I know what it means to me. What began in 2006 with the story of my grandfather's marbles, and even before that with a post that seemed to come out of nowhere one afternoon, has blossomed into a powerful statement of hope for me personally. It has invaded my heart in ways I can't fully comprehend. All I know is that I have to protect it somehow, that it is something truly wonderful, and that I don't need to know where the road is going all the time. I just have to make sure that the vision and the message stays the same.

Just three words.
Simple.

A little over two years ago I didn't even know that blogs existed or that the direction of my writing would change because of them. I could never have imagined this challenge, the personal highs and lows or the slow and steady evolution in my soul. Nor could I have predicted the sheer intensity of purpose I feel as I watch what happens with the peace globes on BlogBlast Day. Maybe you haven't seen all I have seen. I've read all 1085 posts (and counting) from 38 countries.
But I know there are those of you who do see it and feel it because you have told me so.
I can't explain it but there is some sort of magic that happens in the blogosphere - and deep inside of me. So exquisite that it moves me to tears.

I hope it happens to you too.

I see Daisy don a peace wreath for her head. I hear Songbird sing Dona Nobis Pacem with every breath in her body. I watch beautiful works of art on globes from many places. I eavesdrop in your comment boxes..."Peace to you my friend"...."Grant us peace today".....you visit and say to each other privately, as surely as if we all sat in the same pew.I read the amazing posts you've written for the past four launches and marvel at your talents. Inspiring words from moms, liberals, veterans, protesters, families, conservatives, Republicans, Independents, Democrats, Libertarians and DemoCATS. Every race and creed and color and sexual orientation. Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindu, Atheists, Agnostics, undecided, unchurched and unleashed.... unconditionally.
As one.

We are a microcosm of society on a blog page. And for one fine day we all get along.

And somehow - in the slow spinning way that makes the blogosphere turn in the lovely way it does - "we" become "us."
Nobody screamed. Nobody got arrested. You didn't care that your blog neighbor's politics or skin color didn't match your own or that their flag flew right or left.

We only needed one seamless blue globe.




I just want to say that I am proud of you.

Of us.
And I hope this BlogBlast For Peace moves us to a place of greater unity and respect for one another.



The hype comes tomorrow. Today I had to speak my heart.
Thanks for listening.



23 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I haven't taken part so far, and probably won't be able to this time. But it's not because I don't appreciate the effort or the sentiment. You do a great thing with this and I admire you for your work. I will take part at some point. But so far it has happened to come at times when I'm so swamped with other things, mostly having to do with family or work. Keep up the great effort, though. I know many will take part and it's a great source for bringing folks together.

Ferd said...

Thank you for all you do, Mimi. It is truly beautiful and wonderful!
"... a place of greater unity and respect for one another." has inspired me.
I can't wait!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I am looking forward to the next BlogBlast For Peace!

Carver said...

Mimi, I think your peace globes are a glowing example of the internet at its best. When people join for something beyond the everyday hopelessness that can arise from reading the paper, I think it's a miracle of sorts. Thank you for this. I was going to email you today and ask about the next blogblast for peace because of a post I'm working on so good to know now so I can mention it prior to posting that. As ever, Carver

Barb said...

I'm looking forward to participating again!

Daisy said...

My eyes got a little bit leaky when I read your post. I was so proud to wear my flowery crown for peace. It makes me feel happy that we can all do a little bit to help. I need to think about what I will do this time!

Akelamalu said...

Guess what Mimi? My Peace Globe and post are scheduled already! I hope you get even more participants this time - it's a great thing you do! x

LAC said...

Beautifully said.

I am a relative newbie to the movement, but proud to be a part of it. However small that part might be.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Come on girl...how can I be the first to put a countdown clock on The Couch if you don't do your announcement?

I mean, I can't put the countdown clock up BEFORE you make an announcement now, can I?

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Beatifully written.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Vinny is testy today. Great post! Best of everything for launch five.

Anonymous said...

One of the things I love about Your Highness is that your enthusiasm and passion is contagious. Especially when it comes to the Peace Globes. It was about a year ago when I took part for the first time and made so many wonderful friends as a result. And I got to participate in a movement that is more important than anything being suggested by either the Republicans or the Democrats.

Travis Cody said...

When your heart speaks, it sings to mine.

I'm looking forward to this next blogblast. And I would like to offer my services, such as they are, to help anyone who doesn't have the skill or the time to make a peace globe.

Giggles said...

Mimi you managed to write so eloquently from the heart. You’ll be happy to know I did an illustration over the weekend with the peace globe blog blast in mind. I decided I needed to start thinking about it earlier this time, because often something pressing comes up! Thank you for reminding us about your passion, and my passion. Peace means everything to me!

Love and Peace Giggles

Unknown said...

definitely powerful and i feel such darned honor knowing u started it. like the song 2...btw, i sprained my wrist socant type much - jst thot id stop in and give my bud a big shout out. best 2u while u prepare the next movement - globe, that is...*giggling*

Babs (Beetle) said...

I must get my graphics done soon, for this wonderful time!

katherine. said...

we love your heart!

Jeff B said...

i remember the first one I participated in. I barely knew how to get post a picture let alone create graphics on it. That's when Katherine stepped up and put one together for me. To me that signifies much of what this day is about. People coming together to help one another out with no expectation of being repaid or recognized, just willing to lend a hand to a friend.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I too remember wondering what the term "blog" even meant.

Very amazing, Mimi, how far and how wide this content can become.

I cannot imagine the efforts you have put into this. Must be nice to see all of the results!

BLOG BLAST FOR PEACE :-)

Dawn Drover said...

Mimi.. you have me in tears. I'd just like to say that participating was one of my greatest blogging moments and I am looking forward to the next one.

Desert Songbird said...

If peace lives in the heart of even one person, then hope is not lost.

Mimi Lenox said...

ALL YOUR WORDS INSPIRE ME to do more and more. I love this project and my blogging friends. You are all sooo wise and wonderful.

Kimmy said...

I found this site reading numerous peace sites today. And as I am reading, I was like, OMG there's DAISY! I love your site, and already feel great about this movement. Blessings and much light!

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...