Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Sunday Blog Chatter ~ Peace Globes 2007

**NEXT LAUNCH NOV 4, 2013. With new templates and exciting new developments!




Dona Nobis Pacem in the Blogosphere aka BlogBlast For Peace: The beginning of a movement that has snowballed into a lovely (and loud) statement for world peace. It became a catalyst for conversation as well about the importance of inner peace. It made us think. It made us thankful. It broadened our prospective.

Since then, I've written several articles about it and the project is being blogged about from many different parts of the world. It became an international blog event which debuted November 7, 2006, changing my view of the world forever and uniting people from all walks of life, political factions, religions and viewpoints. CLICK HERE to read 165 (and counting) posts written on that day in the Blogosphere on the subject of peace.

So people get ready..... we will storm Blog Land again with Peace Globes and identical post titles on June 6, 2007. In case you haven't heard about it, follow the links in this post which explain How BlogBlast For Peace began
and how you can participate.

The goal is to get as many blog owners as possible blogging about world peace ON THE SAME DAY and displaying their signed globes from all parts of the world SAYING THE SAME THING IN THE TITLE - Dona Nobis Pacem (translated from Latin to English "Grant Us Peace.")
It's quite simple and amazingly effective.

In October, 2006 I asked "What if......
..... we added the power of the written word - and our blog names - to the face of our world?

You answered and we did. It was spectacular.
 
I asked.. "What IF...............every post on November 7, 2006 was simply titled "Dona Nobis Pacem" with a picture of our big beautiful world in the body of the post with each blogger's name screaming a great big GRANT US PEACE?"

You answered and we did. It was phenomenal.

I asked.... Wouldn't it be AWESOME if on one particular day......All bloggers everywhere signed their blog name across a globe and all posted the SAME POST on the SAME DAY......

You answered and we did. It was moving. 
Imagine a day like that.
We don't have to imagine anymore. We did it in November and we will do it again. And how? By using our blog voices and convictions and personal stories and hearts and experiences and talents. We will do it better and bigger and with even more passion than before. Why?

Because you can't read those 165 posts without hearing a collective voice for peace - a hunger for what is good and right in our world - an angst that crosses religious and political barriers.
Because you can't look at those simple globes still spinning in the blogosphere without seeing hope. 

Poems and prayers and possibilities spilled out of your pens and into this project known as Dona Nobis Pacem in the Blogosphere.
The beauty of the Peace Globe movement is the infectious simplicity of the message. Peace. One word with a universal meaning was spread spontaneously from blog to blog to blog.
When I posted this on October 12, 2006 I had no idea what would happen or that it would change my life. It has led me on a remarkable journey as a writer and became the catalyst for amazing friendships and relationships with people who stepped off the blog page into tangible connections. It made me understand that cyberspace, with all its bad press and pitfalls, is a real place and can be used for good. 
To fully understand what Peace Globes means to me and why I am so passionate about it, read The Silence of Peace: Papa's Marbles. I am staring at those marbles now and they still amaze me.....as does one man's influence in my life at a young age and how his prayers somehow changed the course of my writing - nearly 40 years later .

I asked in October and I will ask again.....Can we affect change by sending a single graphic around the globe with childlike scribblings and paint-by-number glee? Will it really matter?
I can only answer for myself

If I believe that words are powerful - then this matters.

Anyone can sign a Peace Globe and participate as long as they submit a globe with a positive message or simply a signature. There is no political agenda here. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate, as long as the message is positive.

Three new things! I've created an
Official Peace Globes site to house all the BlogBlast happenings and links.

I've created a separate blog (I know you're thinking, friends..I really need another blog!) called Dona Nobis Pacem: The Peace Globe Posts is a separate blog that houses links to the stories, articles and poems you wrote on that day as well as the mini-blast we had Christmas Eve, 2006. Please link and share your stories with the world.
The original Peace Globes that flew for the first time on November 7, 2006 have been alphabetized in the Official Gallery here. Please let me know if I've missed yours somehow and I will gladly add it.

How Can You Help?
  Post the BlogBlast For Peace banner on your blogs. It links to The Official Peace Globes site where people can find the globes. Just click underneath the banner to get the code
. You can adjust the size in the html to fit your needs. Write me if you need help with this.


Post a link to this article in your sidebar or write a post inviting those in your link list or bloglog community to participate. Maybe get Mr. Linky himself involved! (I should send him a peace globe. Anybody know his address?)
Place this graphic on your site.


Just click and it magically goes to HOW TO GET YOUR PEACE GLOBE.

Use a peace globe as a Wordless Wednesday  idea or Thursday Thirteen post.
 Challenge fellow bloggers to see how many peace globes they can solicit.
Somebody please mobilize the Cats!! Did you know they have their own blogosphere? It's an entirely new galaxy. They nearly took over the blogworld last November with their puurrrfectly wonderful peace blogging. It was amazing! I fell in love with cats. Morgen at It's a Blog Eat Blog World spotted 114 posts that morning, mostly from kitties.

Start a Peace Globe Meme from your site using the graphics above. Tag your friends and spread the word in royal meme fashion. Thus spaketh MIMI QUEEN OF MEMES (I just love saying that.)

Thanks you to all who have already graciously used their blogs as platforms for peace and unity.
Blogging is a beautiful thing.

Grant us peace,
Mimi Lenox

1 comment:

Jules said...

I got my banner up! No doubt you will double, if not triple the amount of participants this time around.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...