Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

American Idol: A Pickle By Any Other Name


Welcome to the first that hopefully is only one of several editions of our new series: The Bud and Mimi Review: American Idol. This is our first joint edition.  Words cannot totally express our excitement, we are forced to begin this venture, nonetheless. We came, we saw, we spoke.

Mimi: Bud! Remind me again......Why are we here?
Bud: Because you are the most beautiful and intelligent woman I've met in 20 years?
(He always says the cutest things) Mimi: No, Bud. I mean about the show.

Bud: The show was neither beautiful nor intelligent. In fact I'd rather watch UCONN lose than watch this show.
Mims: But UCONN's your favorite team!
Bud: Yeah. My dad was captain once upon a time. I still prefer to watch them lose over watching tonight's Idol.
Mims: How would you describe the first round of auditions?
Bud: Painfully. I was had.
Mimi: How so?
Bud: This was so bad we are going to need a filler for this post. Do you think we should just print the words to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow?"
Mimi: Could help?
Bud: On it.
Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true
Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops that's where you'll find me
Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow, why then, oh why can't I
If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow,
why, oh why can't I ?

Mimi: What was the most irritating moment?
Bud: The guy who tried to do Michael Jackson while channeling Marilyn Monroe. The only person who showed the slightest bit of talent was Katherine McPhee's sound--alike. I could see her in the top twelve.
Mimi: Well she was better than the girl who looked like the the Lion King. How about the country singer? She had very perky pipes.
Bud: She reminded me of Kelly Pickle.
Mimi: That's Pickler, Bud.....with an r. You mean the Calamari girl?

Bud: This girl could eat an octopus and it wouldn't make her a better singer. Who was your favorite tonight, Mims?
Mimi: My favorite was the ee-Italian singer.
Bud: I know little about opera but I do know something about staying in tune.

Mimi: When I said I liked ee-talian it had nothing to do with his singing.

Bud: Well, you know.....I liked that European woman who looked like Charo a little better than I admitted.
Mimi: No, Bud. She was from Colombia (men!) Wrong accent. And anyway, she sang 3 notes from 3 different continents are the same time....Well, she did juggle well but what's that have to do with her singing?

Bud: About as much as the Italian guy's success had to do with his singing.
Mimi: I like him because he sang my favorite song!
Bud: What's that, Mims?
Mimi: "When You Say You Lub Me." Don't you know anything about music?

Bud: I wonder if she eats calamari.....
Mimi: Snap out of it. Any predictions?

Bud: The only reason they're still calling this American Idol is because the title LOST is taken. I feel so manipulated. I feel so cheap. I feel so used.
Mimi: I know what you mean. This show is beginning to worry me. I'm so depressed. First, an old cowboy with an oversized hat murdered the Folsom Prison Blues and then we had the pleasure of watching Jessica have a nervous breakdown in the first fifteen minutes. Could it get any worse?
Bud: Yeah. We could be doing Pay-Per-Post.

That, our friends, is the final say on tonight's American Idol. We are glad that we have a week to recover. Those of strong will and little taste please join us again next week for "The Bud and Mimi Review: American Idol".


Same time. Maybe. Different blogs.

20 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Deja Vu... I just read the same thing over on... OH nevermind! LOL

Annelisa said...

ROTFL!! Ha Ha! Great stuff! You two make an excellent team!! I'll be tuning in next wednesday! :-)

Lizza said...

I LOVE this, Mimi.

You guys are hilarious (and so sweet together, too).

Frank Sirianni said...

ggg's
This is going to be more fun to follow than the show, and much easier on the ears.
Great job Mimi and Bud.

Unknown said...

LOL - you both are way too funny (*whispering* psssst... and way too sweet as well =)...)

Liz Hill said...

So funny (and soooooo sweet *grin*) Looking forward to the next mess cause y'all made it fun.

Travis Cody said...

No commentary for tonight's silliness??? I've had the sound off through most of it.

Dean aka Sgt Dub said...

Great post, I can see this will be more fun than watching the show too.

Linda said...

It's bad enough that there were two hours of this stuff on Tuesday and then another two last night - I never knew that were so many untalented people in the world who wanted to embarrass themselves on National TV.

I say if they're stupid enough to do that then you two should have at 'em and show no mercy! Oh wait ... that's what you did here ... great job! I look forward to more!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Great read! So far it has been an "interesting" (there is that word again, Bond) year on idol.

Mimi Lenox said...

Bond - Ha! I can't wait to catch up on my reading and find out what The Couch has to say about American Idol as well.
Bud and I are having great fun with it and losing lots of sleep.

Mimi Lenox said...

Thanks, Annelisa. Our humor does meld.

Mimi Lenox said...

Lizza - an endorsement from you is worth gold. Thank you, my friend.

Mimi Lenox said...

Frank - Thanks. We're having a good time with it.

Mimi Lenox said...

Sanni- Glad you enjoyed. What kind of coffee are you serving today?

Mimi Lenox said...

Turnbaby - It was a mess,wasn't it?!

Mimi Lenox said...

Travis - No, we committed to a one day commentary. We live in different states (!) writing a blog together. The logistics are strange but we're always laughing together. That's the important thing.

Mimi Lenox said...

SGT- Stay tuned for more silliness next week.

Mimi Lenox said...

Linda - I hope we don't come across as 'merciless' but you may have a point there. The show was really bad.

Mimi Lenox said...

Starrlight -VERY interesting!

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...