13 Nocturnal Things About Mimi Lenox
1. I am addicted to blogging and often fall asleep at my computer. At least I know where I am when I wake up.
2. I sometimes compose music or write stories in my dreams. If only I could wake up when this happens and record the ideas.
3. I talk in my sleep.
4. For quite some time now there has been no one to listen so I really can't be sure about #3. I plan on getting a tape recorder soon.
5. I walk in my sleep.
6. My dad nearly shot me in the middle of the night when I was twelve. He thought I was a burglar. Luckily, he pulled the blanket off my head before he pulled the trigger.
7. I have been known to walk and talk and sing in my sleep - all at the same time. A one woman show. Scary.
8. This is only troublesome when sleeping alone and there is no one to gently guide me back to bed and duct tape my mouth. I'm thinking of getting an invisible fence installed around my bed.
9. I have had the same dream periodically for 20 years; always when I'm trying to make an important decision. It never helps.
10. I have had dreams that were actual premonitions. They came true! I don't understand this phenomenon but I have learned to pay attention to such things. I recently dreamed that I would get lost on the Jersey Turnpike and need assistance from a liquor salesman.
11. I once slept with a four-legged creature who landed on my pillow at 4am and scampered up my nightgown, got tangled in my hair and caused me undue emotional turmoil for several days. I plan to write this story soon. You won't believe it. Not one of Mimi's finest hours.
12. I am not a morning person and believe alarm clocks are from Satan. I know I learned this in Sunday School. I remember clearly this being one of the Ten Epiphanies.......or something like that!
13. One of the greatest pleasures in life: fresh, clean white sheets to climb into after a marathon bubble bath knowing you can sleep late the next morning.
That's my short post for Thursday. I'm getting sleepy now.....see you tomorrow. Time for bubbles.....