You heard me.
Day 3 1/2 and I'm quoting childish chants.
Do you see Mimi here?
It's well past midnight and so far there is no Chapter Two. Day three should have a chapter three. I've changed the main character's name twice. Changed her age, her gender, her nationality, her psychosis, her location, her sexual orientation, her appearance, her disappearance and his gender back again.
Seventeen things I did when I was supposed to be writing my novel:
1. Thought about world peace
2. Thought about inner peace
3. Roamed through the woods taking pictures of wildflowers. See?
4. Went shopping for a mousetrap and lip gloss
5. Made coffee in anticipation of finishing the Great American Novel
6. Drank one pot of coffee in anticipation of finishing the Great American Novel
7. Thought some more about world peace.
8. Ate two slices of cheesecake I bought just for the NaNo blues
9. Thought about how many extra sit ups I'll have to do tomorrow because I ate too much cheesecake thinking about world peace
10. Curled - then twirled - my hair. (Film at 11)
11. Called my son on his birthday to talk about his love life. It's a sad day when one has to live vicariously through offspring for romance.
12. Shined up the crystal party glasses in anticipation of finishing Great American Novel
13. Did two loads of laundry and changed a light bulb.
14. Frolicked in the leaves. (Didn't come back to the house with inspiration like I'd hoped. Just a bunch of leaves.) See?
15. Tried to log on to NaNoWriMo to moan over Adrian's 4,000 word count only to see "Waiting for Librarian" over and over.
(Because she was busy counting Adrian and Morgen and Ian and Gale's words. DUH. I'm so depressed.
16. Created a Ramen noodles shrine and said 3 Hail Marys. (Morgen said it would work!)
17. Took pictures of the furniture to prove to my blogger friends that I am really writing the Great American Novel
How am I supposed to create a new world on paper when all I can see are a zillion little spinning globes humming peacefully through the universe? Isn't there supposed to be some big blog thing happening on November 7th??
I'm sooooooooo distracted.
Time for more cheesecake.
Tomorrow I'm going into town to buy a pipe (maybe cigars too), a smoking jacket (I really don't know what that is but it sounds literary), and a houndstooth coat because that's what all good detectives wear -and I'm looking for a story.
Then I'm going to the graveyard and see if I can steal a plot.
NOTE: I had the evidence of my brain affliction with more pics but Blogger will not allow me to post them. Why do they keep rejecting a photograph of Ramen noodles???!