Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Blog4Peace - Post4Peace 2024 ~ Will be Held NOVEMBER 4, 2024

Announcing Blog4Peace ~ Post4Peace 
November 4, 2024
 
Join us on blogs and social media
It's our 19th year of peace blogging in the Blogosphere!
Click HERE for free templates
Click HERE for HOW TO

This year's THEME is... 
Hold The Light 



When was the last time you held the Light for someone? 
These days it seems that the whole world is stumbling around in darkness. If we listen to the loudest and most critical voices, we can easily come to that conclusion.
But it's not so.

We don't have to watch people stumble or be confused. We don't have to respond. We don't have to add to the momentum of suffering and deceit in this world by default.
 
Do you know that there are people who need you to hold the light for them?
 Hold space. Hold the line. Hold the Light. 
We're all having a hard time right now.

I'm not talking about judging them or trying to convince them to go your way - there's too much of that happening already. 
We can love people without agreeing with them. 
Can't we? 

When I was a little girl, my Dad worked on cars and faucets and mechanical issues around the house. He could fix anything. I was his "light holder." I wasn't very good at it and sometimes he'd fuss if the caged light I was holding swerved to the left or the right. Why was he frustrated with me? 
Because I had one job. ONE JOB. 
And that job was to hold the light for him.

His task was daunting. It was dark and he was weary. He needed to SEE. 
I couldn't see what he was seeing and I certainly couldn't help him; but I could stand steady and still, listening to his voice and directions, offering illumination and support.
He didn't need a play-by-play of why I couldn't hold the light still or what my opinion was about how he was fixing things. My opinion, my argument, my sass...didn't matter.
I had one job. 
He couldn't do the job without me and that light. 
(template to use)

You don't have to speak to hold it - just hold it.
You don't have to expose or uncover or guide or judge the path they have chosen.
You just have to be there and let them find their way. 

AND SOMETIMES....holding a Light means railing against injustices and CHANGE that needs to happen! 
Your words won't help them see
 but the unconditional silent steady light and TRUTH flowing from you to them
held without judgment
without opinion
without directions
means that the one needing light has a clear path to make decisions
one that isn't muddied with your opinion, your "rightness" or the loudest voice
whether they're fixing a carburetor or mapping out a plan for world peace
or choosing the leader of the free world

The most powerful words of all are the ones we deliver in deed.
Sometimes that means standing still
and holding a Light

We can do that, right?
How will you do that?
That is the question I want us, as peace bloggers, to answer
 ************


Nov 4, 2024 Bloggers and social media posters from all over the world will
Blog for Peace
We will speak with one voice
one subject
one day


How to Get Your Own Peace Globe
Graphics/Templates to Use



Follow Me
Join us for Blog4Peace Nov 4
Like Our Facebook Page

No comments:

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...