Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Monday, May 1, 2023

Monday Mimisms ~ Hemlines and Shoulders

The plan: Band playing. Outdoor music and festival food. Scores of antiques. Hotdogs. A raffle. Socialization. And oh yes....there was rain. Lots of rain.
The much anticipated event cancelled by a thundercloud. 
Spring.Fling.Interrupted

The dress would have to wait.
If you can imagine an off-the-shoulder look....

As luck (unluck) would have it and in perfect (imperfect) timing, Beans came down with some sort of virus (not Covid) and a high fever, so...I couldn't have gone anyway. When I picked him up from school on Friday his fever was 102 degrees. He had to hunker down with me for the weekend in lieu of spreading it to #theheartpatient at his house. A quick wardrobe switch from that new-dress-floozy-feeling to a nurse cap and thermometer bag and I was good to go. Those quick wardrobe changes in opera workshop classes back in the day really pay off from time to time. Poor little guy has been so sick. I'm masking up and staying as clear away from him as I can, spraying Lysol, singing German Lieder to make him fall asleep 

and eyeing that cute little dress hanging in the hallway just begging to be accessorized.

I've decided to wear the dangling Cherokee feather earrings and strappy floppy Clark sandals with a gold petaled fleur atop for comfort and attention. Yes, I said attention. I need some attention. The kind that a new dress can bring. Because it's not really about the way you look in it or how others see you in it...
it's about how it makes you feel. 

And right now I'm feeling pretty darn lucky that I get to spoil this little person who loves and depends on his Mimi AND pretty excited and looking forward to the next sunny weekend full of spring festivals and fun
sans thunderstorms
and flu

That dress makes me happy
Bodaciously clashing with the wallpaper
The hemline hangs short in the front
 longer in the back
symmetrically askew
and that's why I laughed
when the mirror said "It's you!"


Gute Nacht




Follow Me
Join us for Blog4Peace Nov 4
Like Our Facebook Page

2 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

It been a while since I had the flu. But I get my flu shot yearly.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

Mimi Lenox said...

Thanks Dora! We're all feeling better now. Thanks so much for visiting.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...