Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Monday, January 16, 2023

Monday Mimisms ~ Who Would Ghost a Queen?


So THAT's where you're
hiding the candy..
Why am I explaining? Questioning?
Again. My newest non-resolution. Stop explaining.
 Just be.

My days are nuttier than usual. Busier than usual. 
Mostly I'm spinning this one around in a chair 'til she's "Bizzy!" as only a three-year-old can hilariously proclaim, gently fighting with Beans (age 11) about the battles he's "not" fighting in video games when I walk around the corner and hear him declare "victory" over his enemies. 
Can't he just learn to meditate?

Learning to "watch" 
in the doctor's office. Fun times.
Or relentlessly checking the "watched" spot on my back. Watch it? I can't SEE it! So, I've decided not to "watch" it. I told Dr.
Derm that SHE should be the one watching, not me. I will drive myself and the whole Blogosphere crazy if I watch.
You see it, right?

Maybe I should take a picture of it backwards in the mirror and let YOU watch it. Oh, I crack myself up.
All I know is that when I go back in March to see if all this "watching" has produced any crazy results, I shall declare ('cause I'm a Queen) that I'm done with  the eye and body contortion routine. Just take it off. Please. Now. "These take yeeeeaaarrrsss to develop into a problem," she said, "Don't worry."
Then. Why. Are. We. Watching???

Bree "watching" flower roots

She knows how to get to the bottom of things.

Which brings me to my latest sad and silly malady.
I've been ghosted. Ghosted! Me??!
Who would ghost a Queen?

It started out so lovely. Five-hour phone conversations. Morning texts. Goodnight emails. Mutual commonalities and laughter. Then New Year's happened...er....or didn't happen. And I realized that the more I talked to him about my own personal goals and aspirations the less interested he seemed to be in understanding that independent streak in moi. He could have just said what I suspected...that he wanted to be joined at the hip. I can't even FIND my hips.
 Instead. Ghosted.  

I'm going to talk to Baby Boy. Since he's eighteen now soon-to-be majoring in Computer Science, he should know the ways and whys of intraweb romance. 
Or not.
All I know is that he never had any trouble with dating in Kindergarten. Wait...there was that Tiffany girl.....and Amy...oh, and Susie (!) who popped him in the head with a paper airplane. 
Maybe I'd better not ask Baby Boy.


Follow Me
Join us for Blog4Peace Nov 4
Like Our Facebook Page

5 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Just be you, Mimi. We love you as you are. And i'm with you. I dont like the "watching", would rather get it gone.

The Gal Herself said...

First of all, Baby Boy cannot be majoring in anything because he is, by definition, a BABY boy! Way to make me feel old, your highness.

Oh, wait! This isn't about me?

I just saw a highly acclaimed, Oscar touted movie, The Banshees of Inisherin. It starts with one old friend saying to another, "I just don't like you anymore." At first it seemed breathtaking in it's brutality, especially when you see the unsuspecting, unbelieving eyes of his friend. But maybe it's not. Maybe just saying it, straight up, is better than ghosting. It does seem kind of gutless.

I had a dear friend do that to me. Then, after years, all of a sudden in 2021 he sent me a birthday e-card. 2022, too. Both times I responded the same: "Thanks for thinking of me. I hope you're well." I don't want to risk my heart with him again.

So I get it, and I hope you're OK.

Mimi Lenox said...

Sherry - I know, right? I may move that appointment up sooner than March. I don't understand why they don't just take them off proactively....perhaps money and insurance. Probably.
Doctors can't doctor anymore.

Love to you.

Mimi Lenox said...

Gal - I can't believe he's about to go off to college either. You think YOU feel old?? But I get it, he's been on this blog since childhood. Wonder what that is in blog years....LOL

Thank you for worrying about my love life. You always have. Ghosting is horrid. I've experienced it in the past. It is passive-aggressive cruelty. Yes, brutal, as you said.
I'm sorry you endured it...and your response was perfect.

I'm fine. Interestingly, he contacted me again yesterday and explained. This needs much more conversation. But I didn't realize until we spoke how much I'd missed him. Proceeding with transparency and caution. That sounds so romantic, doesn't it??

Mimi Lenox said...

P.S. See above comment. "Proceeding with transparency and caution" resulted in ghosting again. He simply vanished. And I'm sooooo OK with that. Me thinks he couldn't tolerate my cautiousness...NEXT.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...