Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Monday, September 19, 2022

Monday Mimisms ~ Crossing Over


The whole world is watching a funeral today. 
Even when you're not personally attached to the dead, all kinds of responses well up and fill your eyes. We've been moved by the dignity and quiet grace of the British people during the mourning people for the late Queen Elizabeth II. The most poignant images for me were of those in the queue, people standing for hours and hours to simply say 'Thank you' and pay respects. I haven't seen this level of humility and tenderness on such a grand scale since the death of Princess Diana.  



I had a sense throughout the services (and yes, I got up at 5:30 this morning to watch the Live ceremony)....that all in all, The Queen was a good person. She had the capacity to soothe, nurture, and unite people even in death.

  I think of her as a gentle agitator
We need more gentleness in the world; and we certainly need more gentle people to agitate. Your work on Earth is done, Queen Elizabeth... but I have a very strange sense that somewhere in the highlands of Scotland, a rustling can be heard in the treetops. I know you're creating a sparkling new voyage with your Prince, surveying the lay of the land and making your journey to a whole new plane of existence. That's why they call it crossing over.   
A passageway is just another door. Welcome home. 


 
Photo credit: Mimi Lenox
Follow Me




Join us for Blog4Peace Nov 4
Like Our Facebook Page

4 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

So lovely, Mimi. Perfect.

Mimi Lenox said...

Thank you,Sherry. The service was beautiful for a beautiful human being.

Katie Isabella said...

I have always admired the Queen, and I have followed her health and well being. I was saddened by her death and I miss her. I think I always will. She was unique in her personality and abilities.

Mimi Lenox said...

Katie - It's just not the same without knowing she is there. God rest her soul.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...