Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Monday, June 8, 2020

Monday Mimisms: Working On a Protest in My Mind


As the world marches for change and attempts to obliterate a lethal global virus at the same time, I, too, am a work in progress. Working on my peace of mind. Pulling up some weeds.  Working on a mind at war with worry.  Working on controlling the swirl of dancing chants between my ears. Did I say too much? Do I need to temper truth with political correctness?  I already know the answer to that is a resounding NO.   
*Just be kind, Mimi, just be truthful.* 

Working on subduing my thoughts and surrendering to my Higher Self. 
Working on a protest in my mind.
Wait a minute...

R.E.V.E.L.A.T.I.O.N.
The word working is NOT the way to do it....
ultimately realizing that each time I try try try try like The Little Engine That Could, I circle right back into questioning and the whole cycle starts all over again.

The noise. The chatter. The confusion. It all came out to play today. There's an entire trumpet section of dissenting voices carrying NO PEACE signs in the halls of Bloggingham. 
The dandelions are overtaking the mums.


So, I'll stop. I'll change it. I'll simply change my mind.
 I won't TRY to do it, I'll just do it. 
Isn't it up to me to change the atmosphere in here? 
 Breathe.  Sit.  Take my mask off.  Inhale.  Exhale.  Listen.  Pray. 
The only Voice I should be listening to is my own.
If it's aligned with the Voice of Love, all I have to do is agree with It.

Surrender.  Receive.  Strengthen.  Renew.  Surrender.
That's better. No more weeds. No more unrest.

Digging deep in struggle is how you cultivate and grow a peaceful heart.
Walking on.


Follow Me
Join us for Blog4Peace Nov 4
Like Our Facebook Page

2 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

"A mind at war with worry." Indeed! I struggle with that. But I imagine it's harder for you because of the grandkids. What kind of world will those innocent little "Beans" inherit?

Hang in there, My Queen. Have faith that we will get through this.

Mimi Lenox said...

Gal - So much on our collective minds. I do worry about their futures, school, and all the changes they've had to go through so suddenly. I have only seen Beans through a window or at a distance going on four months now. I miss all of them. Everything about our lives has changed.

I don't think it's harder for me than anyone else. We all have our peculiar worries and situations. I try to be there for those I love and care about, even if at great distances. Love doesn't care about mileage.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...