Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Monday, January 16, 2017

Monday Mimisms ~ How To Survive The Inauguration 101



Regardless of whether your politics fall to the left, right, or somewhere in the middle, Donald J. Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States in four days.
I remember vividly the emotions I felt during the inauguration of Barack Obama. I was inspired and moved by the events of the day. As I try to prepare myself for this momentous shift of power and change, I feel as though we're all about to board a roller coaster, take our seats, buckle in and white-knuckle-hold-on during a very bumpy ride. As much as I'd love to find a nice pile of patriotic goosebumps waiting for me on Friday, January 20th, I'm finding it hard to imagine at this point. The protests, the added security, the unrest, the confusion, the unnecessary back-and-forth schoolyard rhetoric from people old enough to know better, the hatred from both sides....and most of all, the uncertainty

But I'm a lemonade maker. A big believer in allowing challenges to kick my prissy skirt into action and not allowing them to define me. That is what I hope for this country.
This is how I'm going to survive Inauguration Day.

How To Survive The Inauguration 101 

Stay informed.

Read everything I can get my hands on. Learn everything I can about our new president-elect, legislative process, laws, cabinet appointees and memorize my representative's Congressional phone numbers. Whether I'm praising or complaining, I need to know what I'm talking about. Did you know that knowledge prevents idiocy?



Keep an open mind.


No, it's not what you think. I don't have to change my values or my politics (which should be, my Bloggy People, one and the same). I don't have to turn a blind eye to anything (refer #1).
But my mind has to be willing to understand so that my heart can empathize so that my feet can walk so that stupidity does not win the day. Did you know that closed minds cause stupid people?  I learned that in Biology 101.


 I refuse to hitch my wagon to a person.

Our country just had a head-on collision with Itself at a four-way stop.
I'm about to get extremely self-centered. We can't afford to wait and see who is going to move first and who is going to stall out.  I need to let my convictions lead the way. Beep beep! Move over.



 I will celebrate democracy and freedom.


Even and especially in a country divided.

We can do this.
It will be OK.

Like Our Facebook Page

3 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

As always, you inspire, Mimi. Way to be. I'm afraid I am demoralized by this election, but I trust in the goodness of the American people to shine through the days ahead.

meowmeowmans said...

Thank you for your inspiring words, Mimi. Yes, we will get through this, somehow, someway. Peace to you.

Mimi Lenox said...

Trying to find bearings here....trying to find the truth. Where is the balanced story? Not sure.
It WILL be OK. We need to take a minute to breathe.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...