Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday Mimisms ~ I'm In Love With A Chair


What a full week I've had. Lots of music, rehearsing, and work work work. Life is good and tres busy.
I'm two months into the reconstruction of Bloggingham after the water damage and there are STILL no walls and floors. Drywall is back up (that's another story) and progress is being made. Strange machines hum all around and there is white chalky powder on the stairs.  I am knee deep in carpet and paint samples (!) which should be a fun task but it's like trying to choose just one lipstick color. Impossible! Most importantly, I am driving the construction workers crazy.  I'd like to keep it that way.

Baby Boy and I went out Friday to get a Coke and came home with a chair. 
Do you like it?
Stop snickering.

It's a 1970s J.C. Penney wing back chair that has been painted with acrylics right down to the legs! It's in great shape. It has a huge heart and it smiled at me. It might have even winked. I know I heard it say, "I've been waiting for you, Mimi Lenox, to buy me." There is absolutely nothing in my house to go with it. But I could not argue with a talking chair. Ergo, I bought it.

It is groovy. Unusual. Rebellious. Non-beautiful. An eyesore even.
I will have to hide it when my mother comes over.  
Does it really matter that Baby Boy said it looks like someone spray painted it with a water hose?

He didn't seem to mind when he sat in it.


For the rest of my pencil life I'd never find a chair like this. Who cares if it screams tacky? Who cares if it clashes with all the other furniture, the walls, the floors and my earrings? Who cares if I may have to build a separate room just to put it in....
Who cares?!  It's a musical masterpiece.
Did I ask you, Homer?

I did ask people on Facebook if they liked it and nine 25! people have humored me with a resounding yes. Jamie suggested I hang my pink floppy hats on the wings and it would fit right in. Gary called it a throne chair. Brilliance! Who could resist a royal chair with pink wings?

Who let that dog in here?
I did.
I'm a magic chair.






8 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

When Baby Boy said it looked like someone spray painted it with a hose, did he mean it like it was a negative thing?

I like it.

Mimi Lenox said...

Actually, it was an attempt at Baby Boy humor. He giggled. He is soooo artistic. He really loved the chair.

You should have seen him in that antique store. He was matching colors and patterns and giving me decorating advice left and right. The store owner said he was good for business and he should hire him.

Trouble is, Baby Boy thinks he has a real job now. (smile)

Mimi Lenox said...

P.S. I like it too!

Ferd said...

I missed the fb vote. I would have added my resounding "like" as well! :-)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

the chair rocks...nuff said

Travis Cody said...

I like the chair. Let's call it Funky Wingback.

Unknown said...

The chair was there waiting for you. To resist such find would have been a travesty. It's awesome - the kind you just gotta have. No reason necessary.

BillyWarhol said...

Do U wanna do Vegas??

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...