Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Saturday, October 30, 2010

5 Days and Counting ~ Two Canadian Women and A Mission of Peace

Sitting in my study atop my desk is this photo in a frame.

Sitting in my living room and in my kitchen are these seashells and rocks displayed in a bowl. Both gifts were sent to Bloggingham from across the miles wrapped in surprise packages met with a sqquuuueeee (!) from Yours Truly. What do both of these have to do with peace globes? And why do they have such a prominent place in my home?
She described it best in her post called Peace Rocks, the blogger known as Dawn from the wonderful land of Newfoundland. Take a look. These are her "peace rocks." She finds her own nirvana walking the shores of this beautiful place and now she has shared them with me...with all of us.
When I think about peace, especially in terms of
world peace, it can often feel like an insurmountable
task and I have to remind myself that many hands
make light work and together we can raise our
voices and bring about real change (
Dawn)
I can now hold some of these peace rocks in my hand....from her Atlantic to mine.
They bring me great comfort and joy. 

 How awesome is that?

And remember this? I loved the post Canadian Artist Debra James Percival did last year in which she spent the day photographing her handmade Copper Spirit of Peace

throughout the changing light, recording the nuisances of shadow and play upon the image and literally walking through a day of peace. You will remember Debra from this fantastic voyage of family she made on the shores of her Canadian province island two years ago with her teenagers, who got up at the crack of dawn to blog peace on the ocean sand.
Their efforts and photography moved me and so many others. She writes now from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada at A Printmakers Blog About Art and Printmaking.

The spirit of peace and harmony can be found flowing through her work.
So I opened a package one day last year from this talented lady who steps off the pages and makes peace real to her and her family -  to find a signed photographic copy of her Copper Spirit of Peace creation.
I treasure it.

These contributions of water and earth, spirit and fire, symbolize the life force of the universe. A place of real power where real peace and harmony originate. These personal gifts bring reality and life to me from the blog page to my home. When I look at them I am reminded of the people who hang their hearts and voices on a peace globe each year, and just for a moment, their door is close to my own.  Their shore becomes my shore. Their peace my peace. And I can hold a bit of their earth in my hands.
That is so my wish for this movement - that it will draw people together - and in doing so we all must realize how very much alike we truly are.

Tomorrow I will tell you the tale of another Canadian artist. Stay tuned.

**photography credit for 2010 Peace Rocks Dawn @ Twisted Sister**
**Copper Spirit of Peace creation by Debra James Percival**

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...