Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Monday Mimisms ~ It's a Betty Boop Christmas

There are only 17 days left 'til Christmas. I don't know about you but if I hear Brenda Lee sing "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" one more time on the drive into work, I'm going to go blostal (that's blog + postal for all you non -blog speakers.) So I thought I'd spice things up a bit and burst out of a stocking. So to speak. It's worked for Betty Boop all these years, why not me? She's a cross between my hero, Scarlett O'Hara (I met her once here and here) and yours truly but with less clothes on. At least in public. And besides, she really knows how to wear a pencil skirt.

A girl could learn a lot from Betty Boop.

The Mimi Boop Meme
Take it and tag it.
Tempting, eh..?



1. I am good when I _________.

2. I am naughty when I ________.


3. The world would be a better place if people would Deck the Halls with ______
of _____instead of ______ of _________.

4. Have you ever snuck into the living room in the middle of the night, unwrapped your gifts and wrapped them back just to see what was under the Christmas tree for you? Come on.....you can tell me.

Sidenote: I've always wanted to know what really goes on in the Gingerbread House after dark. I've never seen any cookies come out of that place. Have you?


5. Have you ever been stuck in a chimney?

6. Who would you like to stuff in a stocking and why?
7. Could you name the 12 Disciples Days of Christmas, the 3 Musketeers Wise Men and all of Santa's medications Reindeer if your life depended on it? OK wiseguy. Prove it.


8. On the 13th Day of Christmas my true love gave to me ____________??

9. Imagine that Santa Claus really does exist for a moment. (I can say that this week. Baby Boy is at Disneyworld and can't read it. I know he can't read but that's beside the point.) Anyway, if the Big Guy could grant you any wish, what would your most hedonistic and self-centered wish be? (You can say it. I won't tell. I'm Mimi Boop today.)

10. When you make your lis
t, do you check it twice and find out who's been naughty or nice or do you just get everybody a box of chocolate covered cherries and call it a day?

If you're reading this meme, consider yourself tagged. And don't try to hide from me. I see you.....then check back tomorrow for my answers and let me know if you're playing along.


I'll see ya later. I'm busy trying to wiggle and stuff myself into a Christmas stocking without breaking a vital organ. So far one leg is in and all systems are go. This gig is perfect for me! I need only invade half of the stocking. Now if I could just figure out which half. And besides, I'm booped!








I got some of the Betty Boop graphics from here.

Digg!

Copyright © 2008 Mimi Lenox. All Rights Reserved.

25 comments:

j said...

OOOH I might just do it! Great meme.

And ACK on Rockin' Around the Christmas tree. Just so circular... over and over and over round that Christmas tree.

bobbie said...

I have always loved Betty Boop. I'm stealing an image or two. She is the livin' end.

Anonymous said...

Betty Boop really is timeless, isn't she? I remember seeing her image back when I was just a sprite of a Rambler. As for the meme and being tagged, I just answered the countdown meme today, and I'm about thirty-seven tags behind. Do you have more comfortable cell in the dungeon for us long-term inhabitants?

Vodka Mom said...

that was damn good! I love Betty Boop.

Desert Songbird said...

Mmmmm....a meme I'm ALMOST tempted to do.

Almost.

*grin*

Queen-Size funny bone said...

My daughter is a Boop addict. I think I'll try it.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Hi dear Mimi,
I haven't been able to visit your blog because my server won't let me visit blogspot from Morocco anymore:( But now I am out of the country and thought I would come for a visit and say a little hello. How are you?

PS Eeek, that blostal terminology might come in very handy. eeek!

ShannonW said...

Being the meme addict that I am I HAD to play this one :)

HERE It is.

Akelamalu said...

LOL great post Mimi, I might just do this meme!

Anonymous said...

I did it. I'm not very witty today, though. (And I can't type, either!!)

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I did it but im not half as clever as you.

carol g said...

OK... I will give this meme a try... I am such a novice among you gifted blogsters... it may take a few hours to gather my witts for it...

Charles Gramlich said...

It's too bad about her heart attack. I hope she is able to recover.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

It's up at midnight. The meme, that is. Tonight, even...

Mimi Lenox said...

Jennifer - If you do the meme, let me know. That song really does get on my nerves. Seriously!

Bobbie - A vixen!

Lee - I'll try to remember to throw down a fluffier pillow for you. Sigh. Some people....

VM - Why, thank you. And how are you today?

Desert - Almost...ha ha ha...very funny. I know who loves me! And who doesn't.

Queen - I'll be right over to read! Great!

Maryam - So glad you're able to knock on the castle door today. GREAT news I read on your blog yesterday about magazine mention. Fabulous! Take care....yes, the blostal...not exactly PC, was it?

Shannon - ooohhh good...I'll be right over.

Akelamalu - I think you would do this one justice, my dear.

Online - The head...well...the other parts of her make up for the shape of her head.

Autumn - I shall pour another cup of coffee and check in with ya.

Carol - Be right there!

Mimi Lenox said...

Charles - Bettie Page had a heart attack. The Betty Boop character came way before her time...I think. Let me check this out.
And yes, hoping she is recovering well.

Mimi Lenox said...

Bud - Well Bud, when you're up...you're up. So to speak.

Linda said...

Hmmm ... I've never been a big Betty Boop fan (sorry!) but perhaps I shall take a stab at this one once I get caught up on some other 'stuff'. In other words, Amanda has told me that I will write a post about her latest concert adventure because my blog is "supposed to be" about her, too!

Kids ... I tell ya!

Linda said...

Oh bother ... Blogger ate my comment!

What I had attempted to say was that I am not a big fan of Betty Boop but this seems kind of cute so perhaps I shall give it a go after I'm done with the post that Amanda has commanded me to write about her latest concert-going experiences.

Kids ... I tell ya! ...

Linda said...

Oh yeah sure ... there it is! Now I have two comments - good Lord!! When will it end?!?

Mimi Lenox said...

Linda - Blogger has been eating my comments as well. Teenagers...of course it's all about them. Go be the good mom that you are. The meme can wait. I'll be here waiting around just stuffed in my stocking.

Patti said...

I don't feel so bad now, because Blogger has been acting a bit weird for me today.

Mimi, I mean Betty, I think this Boop girl could be your alter-ego.

Really. You two have so much boopsiness in common.

I saw Queen-sized Funny Bone did this one already.

Patti said...

That should have said, Betty, I mean Mimi,

I think. Now I'm confusing myself.

Travis Cody said...

Mimi Boop?

Bwahahahahahahahahaaaa

Cinnamon Girl said...

BOOP BOOP BE DOO :P

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...