Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Friday, April 13, 2007

Dinner With Mrs. McGillicutty

 Frank Sirianni created and launched a great meme in which you're allowed to pick a subject and - in David Letterman style - list your Top Best 9 and Worst 6 on the topic. I've decided to use the meme to prepare myself for a fun night on the town tomorrow night. 

Top 9 BEST Things To Say To Your Boyfriend's Mother The First Time You Meet Her
 (Anyone guess what I'm doing tomorrow night?)

1. How nice that your son is a percussionist. Do Bongos run in your family?


2. You get around quite well for someone in your century. 

Your son has great stamina as well.

3. Why thank you, Mrs. McGillicutty, I'm glad you like my pencil skirt. I do have shorter ones at home. What's that? No, it's not hereditary or contagious... but thanks for your concern.

4. Are you feeling alright, Mrs. Mac?

  I have some

preservatives....I mean...laxatives...er... pills in my pencil purse if you'd like one.

5. I have good news for you! They say 90 is the new 70. I wasn't very good at math but that would make you...... 90? And you look so good for your age.


6. Nod once to the right for yes and twice for no. I'll get it! Really I will.


7. Did you know Jesus was a member of Congress?

8. Did you know that doG spelled backwards is GoD?


9. I have to take this call. It's Jesus.
(She'll be so impressed!!)
Top 6 WORST Things To Say To Your  Boyfriend's Mother The First Time You Meet Her
  (Anyone guess if I'll still have a boyfriend by tomorrow night?)
 
1. No, Mrs. McGillicutty, I've already explained that I don't have a shorter skirt; but that's a nice dress you're wearing.
Did you just return from a funeral?

2. Your son's quite handsome. Does he have any brothers?

3. Has your family's name always been McGillicutty? That's not Italian...... is it?

4. My motto is "Always Be Prepared." Would you like me to help you with your Will?

5. I have two brothers, Iliada and Imus. We have family holdings in a mountainside resort and just acquired stock in the FoxNews channel. Then there's my sister Anna Nicole (God rest her soul) but she can't be reached at the moment.

6. We met on a blog. (Did you know that blog spelled backwards is golb?)

Gotta go! What's that, my Prince?
"Mimi! You got some 'splainin' to do."
I'm in big trouble.


13 comments:

Savvyology said...

Great post. You have a way with memes. I was tagged earlier today with another meme, and I'm here procrastinating and reading your blog instead of writing my post. Tsk tsk.

Thanks for the laughs and amusing post.

Mimi Lenox said...

Hi Savvy...Thanks and welcome to my blog. I'll be right over to read your meme. Oh the pressure....

Angell said...

ROTFLMAO - Mimi that's priceless. You've got such a great command of the English language, and what a wit.

Hope the dinner goes well.

Mimi Lenox said...

Angell - Thanks. Let's hope she doesn't know about my blog.

Frank Sirianni said...

Haha,
That's just too funny. I never had the chance to try any write or wrong things to say to my mother in-law. She was pure Polish, and spoke very little English. No matter what was said, (all in polish) she always finished with "Right Frank" just to include me in a converstion I couldn't understand.
I still wonder what I was always saying "Right Momma" to.
Later :)

Mimi Lenox said...

Right, Frank.

ha! I'm feeling a little silly today. Time to meet Mrs. McGillicutty almost.

I can't find my pencil skirt.
I think Bud hid it from me.

Mimi Lenox said...

Akelamalu - You wanna see something funny? Three hours til I meet Mrs. McGillicutty and I have big yellow curlers on my head.

It's not a pretty picture.

Unknown said...

*Bwahahaaaa* I. Can´t. Breathe.
Too bad I didn´t know about your "advices" when I met Mrs vom Hagen the first time...

Have fun!

Liz Hill said...

LOLOLOL

Hope it went well sugar

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

bwahahahhahaahahahahahahahah

OK by the time you read this, all things will be good, or they will have you in a holding cell somewhere in Southie...

Mimi Lenox said...

Bond - All things went well. Bud's mother is a lovely woman and we had a great time. There were Pencil Skirt moments however.....I will post about it later.

Tonight,I'm meeting his dad.
Oh the pressure.

that frolicsome kid said...

That is so hilarious! Hahahaha! I certainly would like to try it out on my future mother-in-law, whoever she may be. ;)

I especially love No. 9 on Top 9 Best Things to Say. =P That will really impress anyone, not just the mother-in-law! ;)

Giggles said...

You have me giggling!!! More more more!!!!

Peace Giggles

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...