Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sunday Blog Chatter: Mimi is Maroon

What earth shattering news. How self-indulgent.
Couldn't I think of something a little less narcissistic?

Now really.
Who cares what color my blog is?

Should a perfectly good Sunday Blog Chatter be devoted to the tale of one woman's quest for ambiance?

I think not.

So let's talk about something I never talk about.
Something shocking and scandalous.....delicious....spicy....hot....sinful....wild and exciting!

That might make her maroon turn marooner.

But she is going to tell you a secret.

I've been working this weekend on a new home for the Peace Globe project. SEE?

I told you it was something I never talk about.

The Official BlogBlast For Peace site found new curtains and wallpaper today (not maroon, but close) and I've splashed around in the sidebar for hours. It was fun! Found some of my old friends there, reminded me to be thankful for new friendships made and generally had a fine time reminiscing
about November 7th, 2006. So click on over and tell me if you like it. Or tell me if you don't. Whatever the case, I'm sure you'll eventually find your globe and your story spinning about in its new abode.

Be patient while I collect and count and link and recount and find music and redo.
And probably redecorate.

Again.

Speaking of redecorating......this blog has too much yellow. I'm feeling a little jaundiced!

Come on in! Mimi is entertaining today at
BlogBlast For Peace: The Official Site
Feel free to link exchange and don't forget to BYOG (that's Bring Your Own Globe)!

15 comments:

Nikki Neurotic said...

Love the new layout!

Anonymous said...

Well you certainly are maroon. And it's a statement. That's the lure of beta, playing with the fonts and colors--just to easy to click, click, click. But I sure had fun for a while, changing my look. Eventually I settled for a background that allowed for greater readability, because of my own poor-and-getting-worse eyesight. I might go for more contrast between the background and the text. Maybe maroon is too dark, but, hey it's your blog.

Ian said...

Maybe I'm color-blind, but your maroon looks a lot more like red to me.

I like the new look though.

Ian

Mimi Lenox said...

Uh oh....I need to adjust. Too bright. My screen must not be adjusted correctly. Thanks for telling me. Have a great Sunday! How's your writing coming along?

Mimi Lenox said...

Gem...Your lack of praise speaks volumes, my friend. Ha! I do think I'm a bit much. Toooo much. Will adjust. Not quite right yet. It does feel like redecorating and that is so much fun. Happy Sunday!

Mimi Lenox said...

Gem...Your lack of praise speaks volumes, my friend. Ha! I do think I'm a bit much. Toooo much. Will adjust. Not quite right yet. It does feel like redecorating and that is so much fun. Happy Sunday!

Mimi Lenox said...

Thank you, Silver. That's one whoa!, one probably-not and one yea. I'm still tweaking. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Mo and The Purries said...

The fun of Beta: tweak, play, and create!
All with the click of your magic wand!
I think Maroon becomes you!
I switched 3 templates in one afternoon the other day(on 3 separate blogs said the mad hatter -- er, I mean the insane blogger!)
And I've already tweaked colors and played around with other stuff!
The only thing I've been un-successful with is adding a photo to my title.
It's easy to do it to your blog description under the title, but some people have actually been able to re-vamp the title.
But isn't playing with the sidebar in beta addictive?
Have a fun marooony loony day!
love ya,
Mo mo the blogging ho mo

Mo and The Purries said...

PS
not that I'm complaining
but you have
It's A Blog Eat Blog World TWICE
in your sidebar linkies

not that I'm complaining
but you have
It's A Blog Eat Blog World TWICE
in your sidebar linkies

;)

love ya,
mo

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

I think your maroon is actually RAVISHING. Why it reminds me of the color of Marrakesh;-)

Now I know I am late in joining the peace globe party but feeling a bit discouraged by photoshop/etc; I am so technologically challenged out here in my little Moroccan olive grove. But let me see what I can think up.
PS Hope you got my email.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

OOOOO Maroon... how deeply colorful of you....

Anonymous said...

mims, if you like the maroon, that's what's important. Don't worry about me. Some of your other faithful readers really liked it. Honestly, I visit your blog for the content anyway. You go with your maroon self, if maroon makes you feel good. We have so few things we can surrender to with utter abandon and no negative consequences. Surely a blog color is one of those things.

jbwritergirl said...

Okay maybe it's me but what you say is maroon, I say is red! But who cares so long as it inspires you to write.
JB

Paul said...

New color is favorite of proletariat.
Your comrade, Nikita


Gung hoy! New color is already taken by my book of quotations. You must change or be sent to farm village for re-education. Chairman Mao

Michael C said...

It makes me think of cranberries for some reason. I know cranberries are a darker purply/red, but the site looks great!

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...