Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Monday Mimisms ~ Finding The Light At The End of The Tunnel

Do you ever feel like you're always striving to make it to the end?
To reach that goal? To finish that task? To finally be able to sit down and rest?
I thought you'd say that. We all seem to be waiting for the proverbial light....

Here's a pic I snapped as I drove through a beautiful tunnel last week. The underpass was dark and the way unsure.  Curvy. A little dangerous. Lanes I'd never traveled. Darkness I'd never seen. It wasn't until I caught a glimpse of the bright light shining into the end of my spiraling path that a calmness and relief washed over me. Finally! I'm out of this uncertainty. There is hope. I see the light!

But wouldn't it have been better if I could have caught a glimpse of relief before I hit daylight again? Sometimes the way is long and dark for a very long period.  Months and years in tunnels of stress and uncertainty tend to take a toll on all of us. We need something - or someone - to hold onto as we navigate life's twists and turns. Making it out of the tunnel can be extremely precarious you know. We might even encounter roadblocks and detours before our path becomes clear.  Finding the end of the tunnel is always in the future - never in the present.

Last year I thought a lot about the concept of the Present. Living in the Present. Being in the Present. If I wait until I see the end before I can be "happy" then I've missed the whole point - learning to abide in peace during even the darkest of times really is the point of peace.

 The path I'm currently on requires that I postpone my view, curtail my anticipation
and just drive.


 even if there's darkness
even if there's danger
even if I'm afraid

I don't want to be somebody's light at the end of the tunnel.
I want to be the light in the tunnel.

Don't you?


© Photo credit Mimi Lenox
Join us for BlogBlast For Peace Nov 4
Like Our Facebook Page

1 comment:

Mark In Mayenne said...

Tell you what Mims, you buy me a Powerball ticket and if I win I'll share the prize with you :)
M

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...