The heat index is over 100 degrees. However, that will not deter my trouble meter this year at the beach. But I have learned through personal experience NOT to do these things. These are pics from last summer's interesting trip to the shore. It was memorable in so many ways. I will try to handle myself with more aplomb this time for the sake of my royal reputation.
How To Get In Trouble On A Beach Blanket
1. Fall asleep without your sunscreen on
2. Neglect to securely tie down the umbrella above your head
3. Drink too much
4. Feed the seagulls too close to the blanket
5. Accept a marriage proposal (see #3)
6. Take a beach bag that is not sand and waterproof.
7. Leave your camera in the sun too long
8. Procrastinate talking to the cute guy with the awesome tan wearing a spiffy hat and mysterious sunglasses on the blanket down the beach street. You get busy chasing umbrellas and birds and he's gone!
9. Step on your sunglasses
10. Camp out near supermodels in string bikinis (see #8)
11. Pretend you are not afraid of approaching sunbathers being walked by big slobbery dogs - even if you are terrorized and terrified. You never fool the dogs.
and never EVER
11. Wear a hat that could double as a Frisbee.
Trust me on that one.
Photography: Mimi Lenox