So. I had Baby Beans this weekend! His parents needed a yummy romantic weekend in the mountains. They called to check on him and see if I remembered to feed him. "We are staying in a cabin with a spiral staircase sleeping in a loft and watching it snow."How awesome. Homer and I are charged with babysitting while mom and dad make a few memories. I prepared by reading an old Dr. Spock book. It's been a while since Baby Boy's been an actual baby. The last 24 hours with a five-month-old in the house has been busy busy!
What I Learned About Babies This Weekend
(that I'd forgotten)
1. Formula is Elixir of The Gods
The mere sight of a bottle full of milk - even an empty bottle - causes infants to wiggle and giggle uncontrollably.
2. Three-thirty am is prime time for playing peek-a-boo.
3. If you put them down to sleep too early, you're going to be up all night. See #2
4. Just because you add cold peaches to warm milk and rice doth not a gourmet breakfast make. Forgive me, Baby Beans. I tried.
5. Books are to be eaten before they are read.
6. Babies don't care how many times they grab a fist full of your hair and yank out your hoop earrings. It's quite amusing. For them. Not for you.
7. Ahhhh...boo booo booo booo boo! breaks all language barriers.
8. It might seem like diaper-changing to me, but to him it was time to karate kick his Mimi repeatedly in the stomach. And he thought it was funny! Perhaps it was payback for the Peach Souffle.
9. They eat. They sleep. They coo. They eat and sleep some more. What a life.
10. And last but not least...There is perhaps nothing on earth as profoundly pure and tender than a fresh-from-Heaven baby with his head resting on your shoulder and his tiny hand around your finger.