Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Bloggies Come To Marrakesh!

My longtime far-flung friend and fellow blogger Maryam, of the incredible blog My Marrakesh is about to win a big award. Yes! I know she is!
Once again she is a finalist for Best African Weblog in the 11th annual Weblog Awards known as The Bloggies. Last year's competition landed her a finalist position as well..and the year before that and the year before that! It was soooo close but no cigar.  I've declared this year her year to win!
I waved my Queen wand and everything.

She should win for her cuteness alone!!

I often visit her blog as my reward after a long hard day. I brew a pot of coffee and sit down to drink in the sights and sounds of her beautiful Moroccan countryside. The photographs are stunning, the imagery stark and compelling, her words are personal....warm and engaging. And I think that is what sets her space apart in the Blogworld.  She has a definite place of purpose in life and she doesn't mind sharing the joys AND the bumps in the road with the rest of us. I like that about her.

I've been reading Maryam since 2006 which is a long long time in blog years. It's been lovely to watch her dream come true in the faraway land she calls home.  Peacock Pavilions, the boutique hotel that Maryam and her husband built has been featured in numerous magazines and newspapers, including, Her, the New York Times, and New York Magazine.
Maryam and her family’s journey as they planned and built Peacock Pavilions from the ground up was the subject of a feature on HGTV’s House Hunters International.  Her new book on Moroccan interior design will hit bookstores in 2012.  I am so there.


Do stop by and experience the richness of her website. She is always well worth the read. You might find an olive grove, incredible designs inside a house with a real tower (what Queen could resist?), words of wisdom, even a peacock or two. And then click here and vote for the lovely and tenacious Maryam and her wonderful blog My Marrakesh for Best African Blog in the 2011 Bloggies. It takes two seconds. Look around at the others nominated as well. I see some familiar faces which is always exciting.
Voting closes February 20th. I've already voted.

After I waved the wand.





2 comments:

Ferd said...

Wow! She and her blog sound wonderful! I briefly checked it out and will go back later for a more in depth look around.
Any blogfriend of yours is one of mine!
I'll go vote.

Mimi Lenox said...

Thanks, my friend. She truly deserves it and is such a nice person. A streak of REAL in the blogosphere. You'll enjoy her. Tell Princess Gail!

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...