Welcome to the Queen's Meme #65. Yes, you're in the right place. I just changed costumes for the week. It's Christmas. I'm allowed. And anyway, I had to send my Queen frock out to the cleaners for the New Year's Eve Party at Bloggingham. I'm going as Betty Boop (it's a Hallo-Christmas theme) and wanted to see if you approved of my red new dress. Yes? I've been practicing my Poo-Poo-Pi-Doo all week just for the occasion.
I thought a resurrection at Christmas would be a nice touch. Enjoy!There are only 5 days left 'til Christmas. I don't know about you but if I hear Brenda Lee sing "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" one more time on the drive into work, I'm going to go blostal (that's blog + postal for all you non -blog speakers.) So I thought I'd spice things up a bit and burst out of a stocking. So to speak. It's worked for Betty Boop all these years, why not me? She's a cross between my hero, Scarlett O'Hara (I met her once here and here) and yours truly but with less clothes on. At least in public. And besides, she really knows how to wear a pencil skirt.
A girl could learn a lot from Betty Boop.
The Mimi Boop Meme
Take it and tag it.
Take it and tag it.
1. I am good when I am asleep. Otherwise, all bets are off.
2. I am naughty when I am asleep. You should see my dreams!!! Then I awake and no one got arrested. It's a perfect plan.
3. The world would be a better place if people would Deck the Halls with lots of love instead of boughs of jolly holly. **ATTACK of the SENSES. BAH! The word "holly" is in that Brenda Lee song. Shudder**
4. Have you ever snuck (that is NOT a real word, Mimi) into the living room in the middle of the night, unwrapped your gifts and wrapped them back just to see what was under the Christmas tree for you? Come on.....you can tell me.
No. I like surprises. But my son used to do that all the time when he was little. He was the greatest unwrapper of all time. Never could get the bows back in the right place, so I knew. Of course, the look-of-no-surprise on Christmas morning gave him totally away.
Sidenote: I've always wanted to know what really goes on in the Gingerbread House after dark. I've never seen any cookies come out of that place. Have you?
5. Have you ever been stuck in a chimney?
I'm hoping Saturday night. I have plans with Santa....ahem.
6. Who would you like to stuff in a stocking and why?
Metaphorically speaking, the little poo-poo-pi-doos running around in my mind all tied up in nice ribbons and bows for a rainy day exorcism. I've stuck them all together like fly paper people and shoved 'em in a corner all year until now. They seem to be enjoying themselves in there, talking incessantly about nothing usually, as poop-doops do, if you will. Maybe it's time to stuff 'em for good. Let me get out of that stocking first and then I'll see what I can do about a proper ceremony with a priest.
7. Could you name the 12
A. Sure. Dopey. Sleepy. Santa. John. Mark. Luke. Mary. Joseph. Turtle. Dove. Ringo and Rudolph.
B. The 3 wisemen: My theory is that there was only ONE wiseman left by the time they reached the Baby Jesus. (it's my Bible, let me make up this story, bear with me) They argued the whole way about who was the wisest and had the best gift for the Christ Child, so two of them ran away with one of the hark angels (yes, I said HARK angel) **it's my Bible.....**
If they'd had any franken' sense they would have stopped at Walmart and bought a flashlight.
It was dark and the prettiest angel with the snarkiest hark was the one they left behind for the wisest man who finally made it to the manger just in time to see Baby Jesus smile.
C. Santa's "Reindeer": Projack (cousin of Kojak) Smasher (brother of Pumpkins) Flixon (the B movie mogul) OxyOxy Dude for those migraines caused by Rudolph's red flashing nose and Blogson (son of Blitzen)
8. On the 13th Day of Christmas my true love gave to me a new Bible and an illustrated Strong's Concordance! **before I go to hell for blasphemy** (that's blog + asphemy for all you non-blog speakers. No. It is not a Biblical word.)
9. Imagine that Santa Claus really does exist for a moment. (I can say that this week. Baby Boy is not listening right now ) Anyway, if the Big Guy could grant you any wish, what would your most hedonistic and self-centered wish be? (You can say it. I won't tell. I'm Mimi Boop today.)
My most hedonistic wish would be to marry the wisest and most handsome man left on earth.
But since Hugh Jackman is married, I'll have to settle for Blogson the Reindeer.
10. When you make your list, do you check it twice and find out who's been naughty or nice or do you just get everybody a box of chocolate covered cherries and call it a day?
Everybody is naughty some of the time, nobody is nice all of the time and somebody is everybody most of the time. That just about covers it.
If you're reading this meme, consider yourself tagged. That is my Christmas present to you!! And don't try to hide from me. I see you.....
I'll see ya later. I'm busy trying to wiggle and stuff myself into a Christmas stocking without breaking a vital organ. So far one leg is in and all systems are go. This gig is perfect for me! I need only invade half of the stocking. Now if I could just figure out which half. And besides, I'm booped!
Mimi Boop Pencil Skirt
Mistress of The Hark