Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, October 17, 2010

17 Days Til BlogBlast For Peace ~ You Know What I Like About Jo?

with quotations and prose from famous peace activists -
YOU


I am listening to the voices of peace bloggers.

I have long maintained that while there is significant noise in numbers,   the real power of the peace  globe movement lies in the eloquent prose  buried deep in the pages  of peace posts from Nigeria to Switzerland. But when people are not allowed to speak, hope is forever silenced and change has no chance.......because silence is the greatest partner to apathy and apathy is the greatest threat of all. My hope is that this movement will continue to harness and illuminate the goodness and imagination of people whose  hearts truly long for peace and tolerance.  It is my belief that massive change always starts  with momentum born of passion and unrest.
Let our words start the flood  of permanent peace.
If we believe that words are powerful.....then this matters.

Day 17 from Jo Beaufoix with peace globe #1454
Her blog is called "Just Like Kate Moss, But Not"
She gets to the point. This made me smile.

And from Views From Raven's Nest in Hancock, New York who caused me to think think think with her remarkable ramblings. Peace globe #1529
"I practice gratitude religiously. Years ago I learned a Hawaiian adage: energy flows where attention goes. What we pay attention to, we bring to ourselves. I start and end my day giving thanks for all my blessings, by name. I give thanks for water when I drink or when I shower. I give thanks for the life force of the food I eat. I give thanks for my friends and my cats and for money to pay my bills (even when I don't quite have it). I think I want to remember to give thanks for world peace in the days to come (even though we don't quite have it yet)."

You have a voice.
What will you say?

November 4, 2010

4 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Well done Jo and Raven - two Peace Globes to be proud of!

Mimi Lenox said...

Akelamalu - I just love them.

Travis Cody said...

I really like that first Globe.

You know what else? The "You might also like" feature has the 20 days, 19 days, and 18 days posts...so it's almost like another count down. That's cool!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Beautiful, Jo and Raven. SO well done!

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...